You can type here any text you want

Mustang with 302 CI GT-40 Crate Motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Epitome

Staff member
Well I wasn't in the same tune as that 10.57 run, but I was very low 11s capable when we hit it from a 55 mph roll. Needless to say I hammered him. He went by, slowed down and put his passenger window down....waiting for me to roll up. At about 40 mph he yells out the window to me "Is that a big block"? I said "Nope, just a little V6". He yells back "No way", thinking I was lying. I motioned for him to exit with me. We pull in a gas station and he again asks me if it's a big block, so I again tell him it's a V6 and he laughs, like I'm lying to him again. I get out, open the hood and let him take a look. He was surprised to see I was telling him the truth. I asked "Are you familiar with Grand Nationals at all"? He says "Yeah, my friend has a Monte SS". I politely explained that except for the bodys being similar, they are nothing alike performance wise. He said "Well, your car pulls REALLY hard". I asked about his car and he explained about the GT-40 302 CI crate motor and that he was hoping to make low to mid 12 second passes with it. I'm not sure if it will or not, hard to tell as short a race as we had. It had nittos, big tach, etc. He says he may show up at Etown on sunday, I guess then he'll better understand the difference between a Monte and a GN lol. He was a very nice guy, refreshing for a younger mustang owner.

I bet he nearly fell over after you told him what your little V6 runs the quarter in! Nice ride, very immpressive!

Hey I am a 17 year old Mustang owner, and I will admitt, not many kids my age know what a GN is! When I explain that it is a V6 sedan, and was only in black, they make jokes and laugh, but inside I am the one laughing!

i'll say it again: if i ever saw a car that was all black, and had the turbo six logo on it, i think i might know something was up. especially since the hood has "3.8 litre sfi turbo" on it. i can't believe that guys who work on cars just dont know TR's.

Back