Mustangs Challenged our Turbo Buicks at Reynolds....

ACME RACING

( Adult Swim )
I received this from them, so start tuning.......

Mr. Bourke, I have a challenge for some of the members of your club.

My Mustang club (Street Lethal Stangs) is hosting a race May 5th at silver dollar raceway in Reynolds GA.  Gates open at 11, I think it's only $20 per car to race and either $5 or $10 to just watch.  Last time we raced we had a great time and some of the GM cars were really doing quite well.  We've invited a couple of F-body clubs to join in our race and now we are inviting you guys out there for a little grudge racing.  It won't be just mustangs and your members won't feel out of place because it would be all fords, not by a long shot.  Peter Berush (Dixie Olds Club) suggested I contact you guys because some of you guys were very serious about racing and making us look bad (grin).

So consider your club challenged, we'd like to see what those turbo 3.8's really have to them (a little trash talking is a must when discussing racing.  =)  )

Thanks for your time,
Chris DiGanci (Psychoholic)
Co-Committee Member and Webmaster
Street Lethal Stangs
www.street-lethal.com

:cool: alan

Sounds like FUN....were is Reynolds GA ??? I'm still new around here :D
Thanks for the number to Joe..if I cann't figure out the problem this week I'll give him a shout.
Jim

Keep us updated on this challenge. Sounds like a perfect way to shake off the winter doldrums. Maybe by then I can get a good motor built and crank the boost up for some 10's.

By the way, you SE TR owners should come down to Waycross, GA for the April Fool's Rod Run. It's the last Sat of Mar or the first Sat of April. Last year there were over 600 custom/classic cars there but only 3 TR's, so I was one of the few. As it gets closer I'll keep ya posted.

..Reynolds Ga..

Reynolds is below Macon ,turn off on the Byron exit or Ft. Valley exit. About 12 miles west of I-75 is Reynolds , drag strip right outside town......alan

Well, got the date for the April Fool's Rod Run finally. It's gonna be Saturday April 6th at the Exchange Club Fairgrounds on Hwy 82E in Waycross. Registration is $25 the day of the show. Registration is 8am-12pm with the show n' shine 8am-4pm. The awards ceremony will be at 3:30 pm.
This is a pretty dang good show in my opinion. Last year there were over 550 custom/hotrods/musclecars in attendance, but only 3 turbo Buicks. Let's see if we can get a few more of you GA/FL TR owners to come out and show 'em what real American muscle is.

reynolds.....

Originally posted by Bmason
Alan / All:

This is what I saw on thier website today. See below.

-Bobby

[/B]

I E-mailed him back for more info, but haven't heard back yet.. :( i'll let everybody know soon as i hear back... :) alan

Re: ..Reynolds Ga..

Originally posted by ACME RACING
Reynolds is below Macon ,turn off on the Byron exit or Ft. Valley exit. About 12 miles west of I-75 is Reynolds , drag strip right outside town......alan
Thanks Alan :D that's only about a 2 hour trip
Now all I need to do is make time to go see Joe
jim

Dates changed to May 12th..

The Mustang Club E-mailed back and said it has changed to May 12th. ..same time.. :) alan

thanks....

I posted the change again , so maybe this is it. It's the same Sunday week-end of the Buick Nationals . Oh well some of us can't go to Bowling Green, they could have their own mini Bowling Green at Reynolds.. :D alan

I was trying to convince my dad to go until I found out it was the same time as the Nats. Too bad, my dad woulda loved lightin up them Ford boys with some 9 second timeslips:D