You can type here any text you want

My 198K mile TTA - Pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

I have been researching and posting up on the boards over the last 2 weeks trying to get answers to some of the questions I have about my TTA. With being a new member I thought I would share share some pics of my car. The title is correct, as of today my car has 198,330 mile on the clock. The car 100% stock and I am still surprised everytime I drive it of how nice it is. Some of you may have seen this car on Ebay or Craigslist in Texas earlier this month. Well I bought it and despite some warm up problems she runs great and is in overall very good condition. I still need to get a PHS kit for it to determine it's sequence number. I already tried looking on the transmission with no luck of finding the small plate a member talked about. Enjoy the pics and if anyone knows of a TTA with more miles that still runs I would love to see pics of it.

01.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

13.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

Excellent condition. I have seen cars with 70-80 thousand miles not look as good. If the transmission was rebuilt...the blue sticker might have been removed... I would recommend cleaning out your intercooler and checking the Turbo oil line for coking. Either then that..the normal spring cleaning- tuneup is all you probably require.

000 steel wool and a jar of Mothers Alum policy on your turbo shield and intake pipe...does wonders in cleaning up the engine compartment... it only takes about 20 minutes to clean up and you can leave the componants installed...

Not bad at all for those miles! Looks good! That tag on the transmission don't have the build number on it. Some also said the build number was on the intercooler but that's wrong as well. The only true way to find the build number on these cars is PHS. I guess allot of highway miles and keeping it stock kept it that way. I've noticed with the TTA and GN if they are kept stock they can last a long long time. When you start putting speed goodies on them it takes the life and cuts it way down! Looks like you got a good deal there for sure! :cool:

Tta

Car looks in great shape and with a little TLC, it will prob look much better. I see a cassette on the radio, is that thing still working? Thanks for sharing the pics...if you got more posted them :)

Roy

yea, DEFINITELY do the spring cleaning from 'www.gnttype.org' youll be amazed. Also, do the mods, that keep the car reliable. So that you have it for many more years to come.
Maybe switch the uppipe and intercooler hose clamps to the higher quality versions. disconnect the oil vapor line to the turbo inlet bell, to prevent your car from shootin alot of oil thru the intercooler and into your intake (bad news) And new seat covers, to cover those immaculate seats.

Not too bad.

Hell, its amazing for 198k.

How original is body/interior?

Oh yes, dont listen to people here, keep it clean and maintained and put another 200k on her :-) lol

later
Jeremy

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I drove it this morning and it warmed up and got running smooth pretty quick. I drove it a lot this weekend so maybe that is helping. Over the past 3 weekends I have done a full tune up with MSD wires, NGK plugs, new 02, new IAC, cleaned out the intercooler, replaced all the vaccum lines, put on a Accufab AFPR, put a new ES trans mount on it, new coil pack, and new ignition module. All of which have made worlds of improvement since I got it. A friend of mine is a local GN expert and tech guy and he has been guiding me through the world of GNs and TTAs. I am going to get a high quality turbo hose and clamp kit for it in the near future as well.

To answer some other questions and ask some more. The seats or parts of them have been recovered. I do not know what kit was used but they look great and feel good to the touch. I can tell that the front nose has been repainted at one point but according to the original owner the rest of the body & paint is all original. It has lost some of it's sheen but with a good detailing, buff, and polish I think I can bring it back. The spoiler is cracking pretty bad at it's mounting points which is no surprise. A fiberglass replacement will go on it in the spring.

Can someone elaborate on what is meant by oil line coking? Where is the oil line located? Where is the oil vapor line? If I disconnect it, do I need to plug the line and the turbo inlet?

I must say I have been tempted to upgrade the turbo to a TE-44 since the stock one groans under boost. I already bought some 50lb injectors to put on once the time comes. But now I am thinking about just leaving it all stock and possibly just rebuilding the turbo. It is still a very quick car and by far the fastest 3rd Gen F-body I have owned.

Oh yeah, the cassette you see is the Eagles Hell Freezes over and yes the tape player still works. I am planning to pull it out and box it up and install an after market CD player. Just out of curisoity, does anyone know if a 4th Gen CD player will work in the TTA? Would I be able to keep the steering wheel controls? I know they have the lock feature as well but I am sure it is different than the 3rd gens.

Car does look very nice for the mileage. Mine currently has 137K on it. I can't recall seeing too many above or close to 200k though. I sold my turbo T a few years back that had over 350K on it.

89tta.com has a small blurb about the cd with radio controls.

the contact info is outdated - but i tracked down the guy that does them. there is only 1 know model of cd player that works with the steering wheel controls. sorry - i don't have my notes with me here at the office...

Back