You can type here any text you want

My 5" aluminum air inlet project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastblackracing

My son wanted to tackle the inlet pipe project and asked me if we should make it 4" or 5". So we took some rough measurements and I told him I would rather have the 5" but it would be a very tight fit. So off to summit we go to get some tubing and start the fab work. In the last year we were able to add a tig welder , bandsaw, and a lathe to our little work shop so stuff like could be done much easier. I thought it turned out awesome and JR. did almost all of it with just a bit of guidance. Its great for me to watch his skillset progress over the time and a big boost for me to have some help. Nice job for being 25. It was a little too loud polished so we had it black textured powder coated. Edit I found this pic of him and sissy from the first time the motor was pulled.Think he is 4 in this pic. IMG_5191.jpg Unnamed (1).jpg IMG_7964j (3),,.jpg IMG_2379.jpg IMG_9847 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG01514-20150306-1720 (2).jpg
    IMG01514-20150306-1720 (2).jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
What a hell of a father son project. That thing looks killer. Great job!

Looks killer, have you noticed any spool differences?

Also does it hit the alternator pulley?

We used a 4-5 silicone reducer at the turbo we had from another project dont remember were it came from, and the clearance to the alternator pulley was match book thin,so we lathed of some of the outer edge and its good now. With both motor mounts from paul at HR parts n stuff the engine does not move much.

v-6 sleeper this engine combo has only been run with this inlet so I could not say if there was any difference.

So we took some rough measurements and I told him I would rather have the 5" but it would be a very tight fit.
That's nasty dude.:sick::eek::p You really need to watch what you post around here.:ROFLMAO:

Nice work. Did you take a lot of pics so you do a post in the how to section?;)

Nice work and a great way to spend time together.

Peter
Looks killer, have you noticed any spool differences?

Nice job guys!

That's nasty dude.:sick::eek::p You really need to watch what you post around here.:ROFLMAO:

Nice work. Did you take a lot of pics so you do a post in the how to section?;)

That looks awesome .. what kind of coupler's. did you use? ,
Thanks guys for the kind words. v6 sleeper it spools the turbo on the car now [ 71 hpq] to 36# boost so fast its scary. Its great for me to see him wanting to learn the skills of how two make stuff with your own two hands, and pass what I know down to him. We also have a mustang project thats his car, were going for 1000 rwhp, the last combo ended up at 848rwhp.

Back