You can type here any text you want

My 67 Firebird with turbo Buick V6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

Here are a few pics of my 67 Firebird with a Buick Grand National turbo V6. The car had a 65 327 in it when I bought it 2 years ago. I swapped in a LS1 last year with FAST EFI but later decided it should have a Buick turbo V6. I am happy I made the switch because I think just about every car on the Power Tour had an LS1! :p The motor is a typical mid 10 second build but the Firebird is 375 pounds lighter so I hope it runs OK! When it came to wheels I could not decide if I wanted a Pro Touring type of look or a drag car type of look so I did neither! :D The wheels I chose are not a lot different than the Pontiac Rallies which is the way I wanted it and to keep a sort of classic look. We just got back from the Power Tour in the car and it made it over 1400 miles with no problems. I have a few projects to complete on the car(intercooler-it has a stocker for the PT, exhaust, Alky) and hopefully it will make it to the track soon. It was overcast and the car looks dark red so I included one pic from last year with the Rallies to show the true color in the sun. I still have a lot of detailing to do under the hood including hiding wiring and hoses and hot parts coated but I was in a huge rush to make the Power Tour because the machine shop was 3 months late getting my engine parts back. I worked on the car until 3:00 am before we left at 7:00 am to go on the Power Tour! :eek:

Firebird099.jpg

Firebird100.jpg

Firebird098.jpg

Firebird094.jpg

Firebird104.jpg

Firebird102.jpg

Firebird064.jpg

Very nice, and clean install looks like the factory put it in there. I like the stock look of the wheels.

How many 1gen Firechicken's with Buick V6's and guys named Steve can one board have, :D

Very Nice! I like seeing something done differently... Very Cool.

nice car!! push your trans dipstick back down :P

hahahaahaa....... this was the first thing i did when i met Steve on the PowerTour.... car looked awesome... Great meeting you Steve....

...he told me the reason it backs out but i forgot:redface: .... but he knows...lol

cant wait to see some new numbers

-Aaron

Steve,

Look what I have for your Firebird! ;)

Click here to view more info/purchase- GNS

Attachments

• 1967-1968.jpg
    1967-1968.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 424
very nice, I like how your exhaust exits also, very clean.

How many 1gen Firechicken's with Buick V6's and guys named Steve can one board have, :D

you can never have to many!! ;)
Steve,

Look what I have for your Firebird! ;)

Click here to view more info/purchase- GNS
yea but where are the matching front one? until you have the front ones go crawl back in your little Buick hole. :tongue:

Very nice!

The only thing your missing that I can't see is A/C!
there were very few 67's with factory A/C, mine was one of them & it went bye bye. boy does that make some purestes (spelling) mad. :mad:

yea but where are the matching front one? until you have the front ones go crawl back in your little Buick hole. :tongue:
LOL, Steve all you are is a LED flasher and the "Right" LED bulbs away from having them in the front! and yes, I can hook you up! :biggrin:

Thanks guys!

Scott, I like the tail lights and I may go that route so I will keep you in mind.

Chris, the car is a no a/c car but after the Power Tour it may get a/c next year!:p

I had a few people on the Power Tour say "I bet that's the only 67 Firebird with a GN motor" and I would say you "You would be surprised!"

David Friedburger from Hot Rod mag took a couple of pics of the car and put them on Hotrod.com and said that they had considered the same swap idea as a project for the mag!

Back