My 7 year old wants a moto cross bike..............

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
What do you guys recommend for a bike? Anyone have anything for sale or that you are using with your kids......................what size??? 50 or 60?? I also have a 3 year old that will be riding this in a couple years. I figure if I get them something then Dad can get a VMAX:D :D

get him one without a manual clutch, so he can learn how to shift without it at first. if he gets into it, when he gets a little bigger, spring for a nice 80cc bike with a motoX setup.

ktm makes an outstanding jr. bike.. a couple different models to boot. my nephews ride these. kawasaki makes a nice 60. i'm not sure of a bike with a manual gear box but i would avoid it. the kid needs to understand the dynamics of the bike before worrying about gear shifts. avoid yamaha pw's, worst bike ever.. xr's are ok but i'm pro ktm, lots of upgrades are available and they have a jr supercross series. make sure to go overboard on safety gear, not only for protection but for the fun of it.. it's the spirit, feeling like rick carmichael or james stewart.. good luck and ride safe

I race usually every weekend in the AL series and I will be qualifing to go to the Amatuer Nationals at Loreta Lynns Tennesse this summer. I ride yamaha's but i think KTM has some of the best looking and running JR bikes available.

hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks fellas,,,and we will go overboard on the safety equip:) . Being safe and looking cool ya know;)