You can type here any text you want

My 86 GN wrecked

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6APPEAL

As much as I hate it, my 86 GN got wrecked Thursday morning. I got a REAL CLOSE VIEW (about 4 inches away from my head) of the rear tire of the 18 wheeler that hit me at about 45 mph. The truck's load ticket listed 60,000 pounds of cargo, so once he hit me I was just along for the ride. My car got pushed into 4 k-bars, which I pushed off the edge of the pavement in the construction zone where the accident occured. Needless to say there is a nice black stripe on the k-bars and several sets of skid marks from me and the truck/trailer.

I was extremely luckly to walk away from this accident. I got a cut on my thumb from the side glass shattering (luckily the tint held most of it together). I have no broke bones. But, I have a sore left knee, ribs and shoulder (anti-inflamtories and muscle relaxers are great) and a few bruises. Several people who have seen the pics or the news traffic footage have said that God knew my daughter (that is being born this coming Tuesday) needed a father.

The body shop says the car is fixable. The body lines and gaps are still lined up perfect on the passenger side, so I'm assuming there is no frame damage. No damage in the engine compartment. The raditor support is still straight. The rocker panel below the drivers door is not damaged. I think the passenger rear spring and shock got broke since the car is sitting low on that side. Bent both passenger side rims. The A-piller damage is what concerns me the most. I have had 3 friends who know about the accident offer me access to their supply of parts and parts cars to repair the damage to my car.

Link to the pics album
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/si....dnm=Driver%27s+side+view.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t

man im really sorry to here that , at least the car is fixable, the pics didn't work for me, it wants a password and stuff. Good luck with it.

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you did walk away, and are able to see your daughter. I know once I had my daughter, everything else in life becomes less important than before.

Pics dont' work BTW.

Is asking me to sign in.

Sorry about the link. Yahoo is considering these to be high res pics, which means I have to purchase space for public viewing of the pics. I'll take care of that later today since my agenda is very full.

Glad to see you come out on top. I thought I was about doomed a couple of times last night, 3 1/2" front tires, 11" bald DR's on the back, hard rain and 30mph gusts. I shifted lanes without moving the damn wheel a couple of times. The car can be replaced, you can't.

It looks like the good ol GN held up well. I hate seeing these pics though. It seems more and more are getting wrecked or stolen each day.

James

Man, I'm so sorry about your GN, I have veiwed your pics and I have a suggestion for you. I have been doing body work for 17 yrs. and It look's like from the pics you could take a door skin and use it to save the jamb part of your door which has the vin# on it. How far is Pearl MS from Pontotoc? I live in Pontotoc and if there is any way I can help just let me know. You have a great looking car but that new baby is going to knock the shine off the GN I'm sure.

Looks like you carried it to Barnetts in Flowood. They will do you an excellent job there. I am sorry to here about your accident, but I am happy you are OK. See ya around.
Bubba Nicholson

Don't know how I missed this thread.
I'm glad you came out okay, and I guess today is your big day. I hope everything goes smoothly, wish you and your family the best. I'm actually amazed at how "good" the Buick looks. That sounds like a pretty bad wreck, but all things considered, that door looks like it held up and did its job. That's a bad place to get hit, a lot of people die when hit like that. Glad to hear it's getting fixed.

Thanks for the support folks. Bubba, I met you at the Power Tour. That's a nice El Cam you have. Moose, thanks for the offer. I've already got a parts car lined up. I've told this to Barnett's and they have no problem with me providing the parts for the car since there are basically no parts in the GM system.

On another note, my wife gave birth to a healthy 8 1/2 pound girl after 11 1/2 hours of labor. TIA
John

Back