You can type here any text you want

MY '87 GN 4 sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Whats the deal? Why ya lettin her go, gotta be like a part of the family.

Why would anyone buy this from you when it would only cost a little over twice as much to build it ???? HAHA.

Seriously though, I can only hope someone with a third as much desire as you buys it. I know I have only been to the nationals a couple times but I still haven't seen one I would own before yours if I had the coin. Can't believe your selling, but I understand. Good luck buddy.

Can you please post better pics? The Craigslit ones aren't the best especially when selling a $20K car. Thanks

here's a few more

Attachments

• P5070063a.jpg
    P5070063a.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,340
  • P6150193.jpg
    P6150193.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,343
  • P6150191.jpg
    P6150191.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,352
  • P6150194.jpg
    P6150194.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,342
here's more info on the car. Engine was done at Arlington Machine in Texas, I put it together. The heads were bought ported and then freshened up. They are 8445's.Motor is a N/A 109 block .030 over JE pistons. Full Throttle 206/210 roller. Crank is a turbo crank, .010/.010.Stock rods, billet mains on 2&3.Oil pressure is 60 cold, 15-20 hot idle.Heat works, the A/C was removed many years ago and all the parts are long gone. ATR big rear sway bar, Tom's Kiss Ass axle's, rear girdle.It has a Classic FAST and 83lb injectors done by Chuck Leeper. H&R motor & trans mounts. Turbo is a 54, spools nice with the PTC. Frame is notched. Razor's dual nozzle alky.
I stripped the car to bare metal and used epoxy primer and urethane primer. The paint is a single stage urethane that has been cut and buffed. I am picky and say it needs to be colorsanded a bit more. Every one else else says no. The paint to me is an 8. The interior a 7-8. A new headliner would be nice. The roll gage was very close to the roof and it marked the headliner and there is a burn under the drivers visor.. The gage is gone too.
The trans was built by Scott King in Kearney, NE using all CK billet pieces. The converter is a PTC 3600 stall 9 1/2.
I have driven the car over 150 miles on a trip and it runs great. The only race in 4 years was against a known 11.9 car. I won by 2 cars in the 1/8th. This was 3 weeks ago. The car has 81,000 miles. The motor has 750, trans and convertor about 1500.
I will be out of town Tuesday and Weds. cell is 214-240-8469. Anyone interested really needs to come see the car. I know i would not buy one site unseen. And the price is not set in stone. I also have no reason for selling it other than just want something else after 22 years. Never any rust or wrecks.
Car was a stagell car for a while and it used to make 576HP at the wheels befor the stage motor. Also ran it at the salt flats in 1990.

Knew I would forget stuff. Has a PTE stock location intercooler. TH 3" downpipe and test pipe, Hooker exhaust. There is no smog in Kansas, and I lived in Lyon county Nevada befor that, so I have not smoged the car in almost 10 years. GNX dash. The hood liner is from an '84, I have a nos 9 hole in the box. Upgraded speakers, Pioneer cd player. Worked on the car all winter and the radio comes on but no sound, I hit the wrong button some where.
I have all the paper work from when I bought the car and a huge amount of reciepts from the last 22 years.Also, I painted the car, I have been doing my own paint work since 1985. I also do my own wrenching, always have, since my first car in the early '60's.

Aluminum radiator, mini starter, steel braided brake lines. Aluminum bumper supports, Champion alt. relocation bracket. Very streetable.I know there is a lot I can't think of.

I have had 2 phone calls and a few PM's with low ball offers. I do not need to sell this car. If I can't get a decent price then I will keep it . I still enjoy owning and driving it.

Wow, $18,000 for that and people still lowballin.:confused: Shame shame!:rolleyes: That car should've been gone for that. You'll miss it.

I have had 2 phone calls and a few PM's with low ball offers. I do not need to sell this car. If I can't get a decent price then I will keep it . I still enjoy owning and driving it.

Buddy, next time you get some low ball offer you just remember all those old Navy words you learned back in the day and do your level best to offend someone.

$18K I see now ???? welllll ok, it's your car. Someone says $17K, tell them to build one to the level of yours themselves, for less. Any offers you ANYTHING under $16K ........ ALL they're trying to do is insult your mother !!!!! For anything under $17K, I will call up some buds and we'll come over and build a storage shed for it, drive the car in it, weld the doors shut, and let it rot.

I know you think its time for a change, and I support your decision as your friend, but you said it yourself, you "don't need to sell" that car. It ain't costing you a damn dime, and you "still enjoy the car". Is this "change" you seek really worth someone insulting you ? ? ................. Really ?

SOLD-pending payment, we will see how i feel about this on Saturday when it leaves.

Thanks, I feel better already.

LOL, I have experienced this 5 times with GN's all under 20k origional miles and 1 TTA with the same on the clock.

When I get another low mile beauty it will not leave.

If I had bought one new, and could afford to keep it, it would never leave.

But then again I am 41 and havent hit the "next wave" of what interests me:cool:

Its all good Loren, it will be fun hunting it down a few years after it has been "Donked" in Denver lol J/K

Back