You can type here any text you want

My 87 GN - New wheels/tires/FMIC...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2 QK 4 U

Banned
Here is my 1987 Grand National. I've put a lot of work in to it this past year. It's come a long way.

That is a very good location of the trans cooler! I never thought of that an may just have to change mine!

That is a very good location of the trans cooler! I never thought of that an may just have to change mine!

Just drilled one hole in the core support and used the lic plate bolt and it seems very secure. The T-stat on the cooler is set to come on at 190` and I've only heard the fan kick on once and that was after my 8th pass at the track.

Looks great! What trans cooler is that and did it come with the fan???
Do you have a part #

Thanks
Chris

IMG_1258.jpg

Looks great! What trans cooler is that and did it come with the fan???
Do you have a part #

Thanks
Chris

Thanks. It's a B&M Hi-Tek Trans cooler. P/N 70297 yes it came with the fan and a built in 190` t-stat and wiring kit. Pricey but it works very well even in that location.

chevymd38, man your paint is way better than mine! Looks nice. My first TR was a WE4 and I had plates that read WE4 very cool.

track

At the track....10psi launch off of transbrake. Hoosier quick time pro 27x11.5

It didnt do very good, I think this is where I blew my head gasket. Great sixty foot (1.69) but after that the car laid down and quit pulling. The motor is half tore down now and is coming out tomorrow.

figured I would share since I had it recorded. And by the way it was bracket racing that night so the Mustangs lights drop before mine. The Mustang had a 1.60 sixty foot. I was still on his tail at the end of track.

Click the link below

Putfile - 4 28 06 track

updated picture of engine compartment.

The downpipe was all rusty and crappy looking before.

I used 400, 800, 1000g sandpaper and then mothers metal polish.

before and after pictures.

Picture in my signature is right after polish.

It's staying shiny.

Back