You can type here any text you want

My 87 Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Americanitemare1

I have owned this GN for about 7 years but just started replacing things a couple of years ago. I wanted to say thank you to all of you that have helped me tremendously with this car without knowing it. I read these threads often for advice and knowledge and have done a lot over the last two years. I just put a new motor (same 3.8L) in the car which I put together a few months back. Has some upgraded internal parts (billet mains, forged pistons, moderate port work, aftermarket comp cam). I have 60lb injectors, walbro pump, hot wire kit, beefed up tranny, scanmaster, and a bunch of the normal mod upgrades...in the middle of buying a new turbo/alky kit for the car so I can turn up the boost, had the upholstery done last month and dropped the new motor in the car today. I had the stock wheels powder coated black and I’m running a 265 drag radial on the back. Hoping to finish it up by the beginning of Spring so I can tune it. Needs some paint but a good 20 footer : ) here are a few pics and again thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• E5AE5E6B-C8DD-40E6-A65A-8CDAABA4C5EE.jpeg
    E5AE5E6B-C8DD-40E6-A65A-8CDAABA4C5EE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • 13719D52-CDAC-4EE7-806C-635EFD4645DA.jpeg
    13719D52-CDAC-4EE7-806C-635EFD4645DA.jpeg
    686.3 KB · Views: 126
  • B01AE478-8C55-411F-918D-CCF113F4278F.jpeg
    B01AE478-8C55-411F-918D-CCF113F4278F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 112
I have owned this GN for about 7 years but just started replacing things a couple of years ago. I wanted to say thank you to all of you that have helped me tremendously with this car without knowing it. I read these threads often for advice and knowledge and have done a lot over the last two years. I just put a new motor (same 3.8L) in the car which I put together a few months back. Has some upgraded internal parts (billet mains, forged pistons, moderate port work, aftermarket comp cam). I have 60lb injectors, walbro pump, hot wire kit, beefed up tranny, scanmaster, and a bunch of the normal mod upgrades...in the middle of buying a new turbo/alky kit for the car so I can turn up the boost, had the upholstery done last month and dropped the new motor in the car today. I had the stock wheels powder coated black and I’m running a 265 drag radial on the back. Hoping to finish it up by the beginning of Spring so I can tune it. Needs some paint but a good 20 footer : ) here are a few pics and again thanks for all the help.

It's a Canadian car, based on the speedometer. It's in kilometers.

Back