My 87 Grand National

Americanitemare1

I have owned this GN for about 7 years but just started replacing things a couple of years ago. I wanted to say thank you to all of you that have helped me tremendously with this car without knowing it. I read these threads often for advice and knowledge and have done a lot over the last two years. I just put a new motor (same 3.8L) in the car which I put together a few months back. Has some upgraded internal parts (billet mains, forged pistons, moderate port work, aftermarket comp cam). I have 60lb injectors, walbro pump, hot wire kit, beefed up tranny, scanmaster, and a bunch of the normal mod upgrades...in the middle of buying a new turbo/alky kit for the car so I can turn up the boost, had the upholstery done last month and dropped the new motor in the car today. I had the stock wheels powder coated black and I’m running a 265 drag radial on the back. Hoping to finish it up by the beginning of Spring so I can tune it. Needs some paint but a good 20 footer : ) here are a few pics and again thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• E5AE5E6B-C8DD-40E6-A65A-8CDAABA4C5EE.jpeg
    E5AE5E6B-C8DD-40E6-A65A-8CDAABA4C5EE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • 13719D52-CDAC-4EE7-806C-635EFD4645DA.jpeg
    13719D52-CDAC-4EE7-806C-635EFD4645DA.jpeg
    686.3 KB · Views: 126
  • B01AE478-8C55-411F-918D-CCF113F4278F.jpeg
    B01AE478-8C55-411F-918D-CCF113F4278F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 112
I have owned this GN for about 7 years but just started replacing things a couple of years ago. I wanted to say thank you to all of you that have helped me tremendously with this car without knowing it. I read these threads often for advice and knowledge and have done a lot over the last two years. I just put a new motor (same 3.8L) in the car which I put together a few months back. Has some upgraded internal parts (billet mains, forged pistons, moderate port work, aftermarket comp cam). I have 60lb injectors, walbro pump, hot wire kit, beefed up tranny, scanmaster, and a bunch of the normal mod upgrades...in the middle of buying a new turbo/alky kit for the car so I can turn up the boost, had the upholstery done last month and dropped the new motor in the car today. I had the stock wheels powder coated black and I’m running a 265 drag radial on the back. Hoping to finish it up by the beginning of Spring so I can tune it. Needs some paint but a good 20 footer : ) here are a few pics and again thanks for all the help.

It's a Canadian car, based on the speedometer. It's in kilometers.