You can type here any text you want

My Black Mirror!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I've had my 86 back from paint now for a couple weeks, and decided to go over it with my Mothers products.

It turned out pretty nice, especially since I had such a great paint job to work with. Had it done by Mike Ruberg. Many of you already know him and his work. He works out of Richard Clark's place, and does some pretty fantastic work.

Forgive my photography, I'm not that good and my camera sucks! Most of the photos are obvious, but there's one that is a reflection off the roof that shows my Grand National Avenue sign hanging above the car.

100_0973.JPG

100_0974.JPG

100_0975.JPG

100_0978.JPG

This one only took a day to detail. However,.....
I've been working on my (actually the Wife's) 87 for just over a week now and have a few more days to go. I decided to Clay Bar it, now it's also as smoth as a baby's butt!! I then go over it with swirl remover, then cover it with Mothers paste, followed by Mothers Showtime detailer. I've never felt such smooth cars. I've been lazy for 20 years on that one. I took some pictures, but they're EXACTLY like the 86!

Oh, and many thanks go out to Scot W (of GNS) for doing my trim, with trim black!!!

Very nice Senior! I need to do that to my 85 soon! Been looking at the clay bar kits, polish, etc. Your car looks amazing!

Looks great Dave......U can comb your hair with that.

That's for sure! Look at this refection! I'm so glad I decided to bight the bullet, and get it painted instead of selling it.

100_0976.JPG

As for how long it takes? I think that largely depends on how much you disassemble the car before he gets it.... things like bumpers, trim, etc. etc. I didn't prep mine so Mike needed for a month total, which I didn't mind since the car's not a daily driver. I also had him prep and install a new set of fiberglass bumper fillers which added some time.

As for cost, I think it varies widely depending on the quality you want, how much body repair needs to be done, etc. etc. Mine didn't need but one tiny spot of body work, and I asked for a daily driver quality job, not a show job. So I don't really have more than about $4,000 invested. I know really good quality jobs will cost more!! I would imagine anywhere from 5,000 to 8,000 or more, but I'm guessing.

Dave,
Looks amazing for that amount. Boy !! that Mike does some nice work !! I just did mine and got a show quality paint job but it was alot more than that and I took the car apart. Did you do the door jambs and all? See ya at Richards in May.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 157
Door jambs? Nope, I was on a tight budget.

Yours looks amazing!!! Black is stunning when it's fresh!!!

The same guy that Dave had his car done by (Mike) is also doing one of our customer cars WH1 right now, can't wait to see it finished... He does fantastic work!

+1 for Mike he hooked me up on the bumper fillers for my 86 GN and they look fantastic!

Back