You can type here any text you want

My car has the wheel hop blues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
cchilly, what kind of shocks did you go with?[/QUOTE]

I went with Bilsteins. My shocks were junk that is why I tried that first. My front would bounce all over the place before I put on new shocks front and back. That also helped with my wheel hop so I was happy I didn't need to buy anything else.

I would check the shocks before you buy new ones. It is easy to do.

Here's an update. I just went out, jacked up the rear of the car, put it on jack stands, crawled underneath and checked everything out.

I didn't find anything cracked or broken or anything loose. All was nice and tight. Bushings did show some dry rot.

However on both lower control arms where they connect to the frame, I did notice a gap between them and where the bushing is. It's not much of a gap but below are some pics. The top 2 are the driver side and the bottom 2 are the passenger side. Not sure if this gap is due to wear or if it's supposed to have that much or if something is wrong.

Attachments

• suspension 001.jpg
    suspension 001.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 154
  • suspension 002.jpg
    suspension 002.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 152
  • suspension 003.jpg
    suspension 003.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 151
  • suspension 004.jpg
    suspension 004.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 153
Those bushings look shot, the control arms look twisted already. As for arms it will depend on your need. I have a set of stock lowers with polys for sale that i used and they worked great, i can even box em if you want. I use UMI tubulars now. If you are gonna stay close to stock just use the stockers with good bushings. As for shocks, im running KYB's on my second buick now and i love them.

Hey Irv, I'm going to just replace the control arms. I figure if I were to box the stockers and add new bushings might as well just order new ones that are ready to install.

Irv if I may ask what are you running time wise on your tubular UMI's? Did you see any improvement as opposed to your stockers with the new bushings?

The UMI's are nice pieces, my Chevelle had the lower tubulars and they made a difference in launch (used to want to shift the ass sideways before), but still I'm wondering what the difference, if any, is between the tubulars and the boxed ones....besides the tubulars are cheaper....anyone know?

Hey Irv, I'm going to just replace the control arms. I figure if I were to box the stockers and add new bushings might as well just order new ones that are ready to install.

Irv if I may ask what are you running time wise on your tubular UMI's? Did you see any improvement as opposed to your stockers with the new bushings?

The UMI's are nice pieces, my Chevelle had the lower tubulars and they made a difference in launch (used to want to shift the ass sideways before), but still I'm wondering what the difference, if any, is between the tubulars and the boxed ones....besides the tubulars are cheaper....anyone know?

Weight difference. And with some tubulars, you can adjust them. Like the spohn del sphere tubulars, some of the best control arms on the market today IMHO.

I have never run them at the track. But out goofing off on the street it feels more stable. UMI does make adjustable ones as well. I dont think you can go wrong with any vendors control arms, all are great pieces. Luckily there is quality at every price range.

Back