You can type here any text you want

My car is gonna be in another magazine!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

The High Performance Pontiac Magazine Shootout. This is a photo shoot mainly, but is being held at our big local track south of Dallas. We will have a photo shoot first of drivers and cars, then we will start lining up to make our 1/4 mile runs down the track, which will also be photographed for the magazine. Only 16 cars have been invited to participate in this event. We have to fill out all kinds of tech and info sheets about our cars, because all that info will be included in the article. I filled out the application for this thing, thinking that there would be no way they would pick it. (with the Buick motor and all) So I am really surprised. I guess the thought of an 11 second 6 cylinder car intrigued them! I wish some of you guys with the REALLY fast cars were gonna be here representing.

They want me to list all mods, and the name bransd of each non-factory parts. Julio, this would be a good time to send me one of your alky kits for free........I mean, look at the free national advertising you'll be getting!:D

Anyways, thought you boys would be interested in this. Our cars are finally gonna get some props.

That is thoroughly awesome :cool: ....I'm jealous :)

I'm confident you'll do extrememly well :D

Originally posted by lburou
That is thoroughly awesome :cool: ....I'm jealous :)

I'm confident you'll do extrememly well :D

If you would hurry up and get down here, there might have been 2 TTA's in the shoot!:D

Thats really cool to get your car in a magazine. The only way I would ever get a pic of my car in a magazine is if they stood WAY back and took the pic. :D Any way good luck at the event. Is there any chance of winning a trophy or any thing like that?

Jason

Originally posted by postal
Thats really cool to get your car in a magazine. The only way I would ever get a pic of my car in a magazine is if they stood WAY back and took the pic. :D Any way good luck at the event. Is there any chance of winning a trophy or any thing like that?

Jason

No, this isn't a competition. It is just for showcasing and photographing the cars. Sounds like free food is all they are giving us! :)

Congrats! Please let us know which issue it is going to be in. I normally don't buy that mag. but I don't want to miss your feature. Btw, what was the first mag. your car was featured in?

Originally posted by gn1220
Congrats! Please let us know which issue it is going to be in. I normally don't buy that mag. but I don't want to miss your feature. Btw, what was the first mag. your car was featured in?

I'll give you boys more details as I get them.

My car was shown in GM High Tech Performance magazine. It was the issue that featured last year's Power Tour. I had a small pic as a Power Tour participant. No biggie. :)

Hey, that's great! I had a picture of my car on the Power Tour in Hot Rod as well. Feels pretty neat to have your car in a top magazine like that.:D

Back