You can type here any text you want

My daily driver GN vrs Z06

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Looked like a pretty good race until he missed a gear. What year ZO6 was that

nice...way to lay down the smack :D

I had a chance to race an 06' 427 zo6 on the highway but he didn't want any of my car...probably a good thing cause I was on pump gas! :eek:

d0n_3d said:
nice...way to lay down the smack :D

I had a chance to race an 06' 427 zo6 on the highway but he didn't want any of my car...probably a good thing cause I was on pump gas! :eek:

I too ran into one on the highway and the old man wouldnt even give me the time of day, he just bought it that week, still had 30 day tag on it!!!

BW

Axl said:
Looked like a pretty good race until he missed a gear. What year ZO6 was that

Good kill. The Buick must be running strong.

I don't think he missed a gear (I have one). Sounded like the Z06 let off when he realized it was over. 3rd gear in the Z06 is the meanest and if you aren't pulling away in 3rd with a Z06, then why go into 4th if the race is only to 120 mph or so.

I ran an aniversary Z06 (blue grey) on the hwy with my te 45 at the time, right as I was leaving the shop. He ran me from 55-70 roll, (not good for these things). Either way, 3 races and I won all 3. We ran to about 120 and lifted. I would put about 1-2 cars, but his aero was so good. My car is a brick on the hwy ;)

DSC01820.jpg

Quint said:
I ran an aniversary Z06 (blue grey) on the hwy with my te 45 at the time, right as I was leaving the shop. He ran me from 55-70 roll, (not good for these things). Either way, 3 races and I won all 3. We ran to about 120 and lifted. I would put about 1-2 cars, but his aero was so good. My car is a brick on the hwy ;)

Goodness. That is some serious power to thrash a Z16 like that. Anniversary (50th year) Z06's were made in the model year 2003, you raced a 2004 Z16. The color is LeMans blue with some stickers to help sell some Corvettes based on the C5R successes. Still, you raced a throroughbred Z06 at heart and 55-70 would be second gear for him and third gear to just over 100 and then halfway through fourth gear. He'd probably start gaining a little ground on you at 140 mph as he shifts into 5th, then he'll be next to you and then pull away at 160+. I can just imagine that in my head so clearly right now. Awesome machines...

TurboTnZ06 said:
Goodness. That is some serious power to thrash a Z16 like that. Anniversary (50th year) Z06's were made in the model year 2003, you raced a 2004 Z16. The color is LeMans blue with some stickers to help sell some Corvettes based on the C5R successes. Still, you raced a throroughbred Z06 at heart and 55-70 would be second gear for him and third gear to just over 100 and then halfway through fourth gear. He'd probably start gaining a little ground on you at 140 mph as he shifts into 5th, then he'll be next to you and then pull away at 160+. I can just imagine that in my head so clearly right now. Awesome machines...
Your right it was the leMans Blue. Yes, he would have pulled by at the higher speeds. There is only so much horsepower for a little Oh'l black brick that can help at those speeds. But he could defnitly shift that puppy and you could tell he knew exactly where he wanted to be. He could not believe it though :confused: losing at his own game on the hwy and not the 1/4 mile. Now, with my new stage 2 set up and Lawrence Conelys 91 turbo, it would be an absolute embarrisment for him to even attemp :eek: Got to love them Z06's though, great performers and all around cars.

Back