My ECM problem is identified...

Glad you brought it back to the top. That was interesting to read even tho its outta my league! Now that ground wire isnt but I dont have the problems described. Still an added ground never hurts! Thanks!

PS: Did it ever get onto GNTTYPE.org?

David
I had a quick look over on the big board but didn't see anything.

I may be a bit premature... but yesterday the car was running fine. I park and go for a walk, come back later, and go to leave and all of a sudden it starts running like crap and stalls. I ty to start it again and it runs for a second and dies. I figure some how maybe I'm losing voltage during start and the chip/ecm is loosing it's memory settings. I reset the open loop sequence and anti theft, and the car starts :) It runs for a minute and then dies all over again :( I disconnect the battery to reset the ecm, and do everything all over again. The car starts and runs, but I "think I notice" as soon as the fan comes on, it begins to act up. During this, the code light was flashing quickly and I thought maybe my chip wasn't seated properly, so I reseated the chip as well. I do the battery thing again and switch the fan to manual control and the car runs fine, so I go home. I'll test it today with the fan under ecm control, and see what happens :confused:

Could be one of those gremlins that show up once and just go away.

Paul

I sent Dave an e-mail, and he got back to me right away with pics and info. :biggrin:
He may do a follow up post here.

Paul

David
I had a quick look over on the big board but didn't see anything.

I may be a bit premature... but yesterday the car was running fine. I park and go for a walk, come back later, and go to leave and all of a sudden it starts running like crap and stalls. I ty to start it again and it runs for a second and dies. I figure some how maybe I'm losing voltage during start and the chip/ecm is loosing it's memory settings. I reset the open loop sequence and anti theft, and the car starts :) It runs for a minute and then dies all over again :( I disconnect the battery to reset the ecm, and do everything all over again. The car starts and runs, but I "think I notice" as soon as the fan comes on, it begins to act up. During this, the code light was flashing quickly and I thought maybe my chip wasn't seated properly, so I reseated the chip as well. I do the battery thing again and switch the fan to manual control and the car runs fine, so I go home. I'll test it today with the fan under ecm control, and see what happens :confused:

Could be one of those gremlins that show up once and just go away.

Paul

Thats weird?? If anyone can sort it out you can! Sometimes the gremlin appears never to be seen again? Hope so in your case.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dave
But, I may be barking up the wrong tree here. Just talked to Dave again, and re-read this post, and this fix is for ALDL scan tools :(

I'll have to try the car and fan to make sure it isn't just a gremlin, but the skies are opening up right now with lots of distant thunder, so I may have to wait.

Paul

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dave
But, I may be barking up the wrong tree here. Just talked to Dave again, and re-read this post, and this fix is for ALDL scan tools :(

I'll have to try the car and fan to make sure it isn't just a gremlin, but the skies are opening up right now with lots of distant thunder, so I may have to wait.

Paul

You hear the thunder too! Every Stinkin Day this summer! Havent been driving in a month & then only 1 day. At least the down time isnt bad when its raining all day!

Good news...The gremlin is gone !
Tried everthing to get it to repeat yesterdays symptoms, and the car is fine :redface:

Paul :smile: