You can type here any text you want

My first Buick motor and already problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Angry Matt

Cadillac Owner
Just bought an '81 Cadillac with the optional 4.1 252 Buick motor. I've been asking for help on the Caddy forums, but with it not being a common motor in these cars there's not too many Caddy guys with them so I was hoping I could get some help here. The car ran fine for the first two weeks I owned it. Wanted to do a little pm, so I put new plugs in. AC Delco factory spec. The next day the car sputtered during acceleration, bad. Thought I damaged a wire, so I replaced them, no change. Got new plugs thinking I had a bad one somewhere, no change. Fiddled with the EGR vacuum solenoid and it got much worse. Noticed one of the nipples on the solenoid was broken, so I fixed it, got a little better. Unplugged the EFE, because it was unplugged when I got the car, and it didn't make a difference. Checked the timing and it's around 20. I'm confused and frustrated. I just want it to run smooth.

You may have..

broken a vacuum line or your egr valve is stuck open or won't close all the way. however, the "before black" forum on this board would most likely be better able to help you, as they utilize the carb's and distributors w/their turbo powered cars.

Ok, thanks, I'm not up on the lingo for these cars. I tried looking around and that would probably explain why I couldn't find anything as old as mine in this section. I'll try there..

Back