My first new Vette (new ZO6) and lovin it

TURBOGTA1

Life is Sweet !!!
With all the great deals going on, I decided to help GM a little :eek:
and Just purchased a brand new 2008 ZO6 505HP.
I gotta tell you, this car is awsome. Not as fast as my old Buick, (not yet) but just blows it away in every other aspect.
These cars with only a re-flash, cold air intake, and stickey tires break into the 10 sec range.
Can anyone say SUPERCHARGER COMING REAL SOOON!!!
I never had any interest in Vettes before, till this C6 was produced, showned at the BG nats in 04.
I will always be a Buick fan, and probably always have a GN sitting next to the Vette in the garage.

Attachments

• zo6.jpg
    zo6.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 964
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 943
Now, get EFI LIVE tuning suite, and get busy!!
LOTS of neat stuff to do w/ that tool. Compare the "inner workings" of the PCM on the Vette, vs the GN.. WOW!, what 20 yrs will do for electronics!
We use EFI, and are amazed at the support, and the wide range of control you have over the system.
They have a great website, too.
EFILive Web Site.... LOTS of really good tuners there... AND, no political BS!!
Have fun w/ the car... they are NEAT!

BTW, my bud, Dave Emanuel, has some bitchin exhaust products for Vettes. He's a Vette nut, and owns RANDOM Technology, here in Atl... 770-554-4242...

Looks like that Bill Anderson blue color... :biggrin:

Bamford bought one of these earlier this year, car is awesome. Try the HP tuner if you want to get into tuning these things....

Nice ride for sure. I'm jealous.;) I'm an old car kind of guy but thats like the only new car I wanna get.

That's the exact same color/car on my list. I was ready to pull the trigger until the economy took a crap any my revenue dropped 40%. Now I have to save a little more first. I'm sure I'll have a twin to that thing within the next 12-18 mos. Seems a lot of buick guys are movin to the C6Z, and its easy to tell why!

BEAUTIFUL car!!!

That's the exact same color/car on my list. I was ready to pull the trigger until the economy took a crap any my revenue dropped 40%. Now I have to save a little more first. I'm sure I'll have a twin to that thing within the next 12-18 mos. Seems a lot of buick guys are movin to the C6Z, and its easy to tell why!

BEAUTIFUL car!!!

I agree with you G its the first corvette EVER I've lusted after. I'm gonna have to start out with a GTO first tho.

The latest edition of GMHTP has a twin turbo Z06 test it made 760 hp with a bolt on kit. I believe APS makes the kit.

Absolutely love that colour!!! (2nd only to "GN Black"). :cool:

Colour brings flashbacks of my old Chevelle :( , that had a very similar colour.

More info. on the chrome trimmed car in the garage... :biggrin:

K.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 784
Those cars are pure race cars, not sports cars. There are a few at work that have them and I about lost my cookies in one.

Thanks guys,
I really am having a blast with the car.
First place I called was Kenne Bell, NOT YET!!! So I am thinking of installing a Vortech supercharger.
It comes as a complete kit with everything, easy to install, and can come off quick if it needs to.
Good for about 135 more hp, and will stay in the safe zone with full reliability.
Anyone have any kind of input, please post.

FREEBOOST, Is your motor still stock with the twins. What kind of power you making. How was the install.
Who's kit. Thanks

The Regal in the garage was my Limited, its gone, needed the space for the vette. Still have one GN.

FREEBOOST, Is your motor still stock with the twins. What kind of power you making. How was the install.
Who's kit. Thanks

The install was by VISA so no problems at all.

The twin turbo set-up was done by Lingenfelter. They don't sell a kit for this. The package includes JE forged pistons, Callies forged steel crank, Manley forged rods, stainless steel valves, balanced rotating assembly, blueprinted engine, fuel injectors and high capacity fuel system, port matched LS7 intake, ported and polished throttle body, twin Garrett BB turbos with integral waste gates, twin intercoolers, custom stainless steel 4 into 1 exhaust manifolds & turbo outlets, turbo scavenge pump & turbo oil drain reservoir, oil cooler, dual 4" Corsa stainless steel cat back exhaust, Exedy twin disc clutch and aluminum flywheel. With all this they give a 3 year warantee.

The package does 700 rwhp with peak power about 1000 rpm lower than stock. The thing is an absolute beast. It'll light the tires at 130 mph. At 190 mph it still pulling hard (that's when I chickened out) and is still increadibly stable.

The car is currenty getting a RPM Level V ZR1 (close ratio 6060) tranny and diff (c/w a Quaff posi), DSS 1000hp axles, a DSS propeller shaft and a SFI bellhousing.