You can type here any text you want

my first official -kill- 350z nissan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nero

ok. we all know (see sig) what i'm driving around in..granny's buick ;)... i don't like to hot dog her since she's got 140K on 'er but the 3" exhaust and weldstar rims give away my sleeper look to most (quieterexhaust coming shortly)

anywhos... i'm at a stop light relaxing listening to some smooth jazz when this tiny little "pub" of a thing pulls up next to me... looked like a jetson's vehicle.. had two occupants(looked like that was all it could fit) then the driver revved at me...

i thought this thing would take me--giving kudos to its newer technology, weight advantage by at least 1K lbs and me only having a stock 140K mile TR...so long story short... he punches i punch it..no tire spin out the hole! i beat him SOLIDLY by about a car length n a half! i was pretty shocked... but SATISFIED! :-)

Teresa: 1-0

-nero-

Nice kill :) Those 350's are good for high/mid 14's from what I know, They have a nice sound to them but I was not impressed with the motor or looks.

thanks! i wasn't sure if those 350s had some guts to their motors...but i guess not! only high to mid 14s and i'm guessing it was stock for those light weight things..that at least look fast??? :confused: :confused: bah well... smooth kill :cool:

The stock 350's I have seen are a joke. I did see one run a 13.2 @ 116 the other day at Bandimere though. It was a Nissan dealer's performance department's car with huge lettering on the side "BOULDER PERFORMANCE NISSAN". I talked to the owner and he said that was their best run to date. He had a twin-turbo set-up and other mods that he said would cost over $20,000 if a customer wanted it installed. :eek: It would also void all of the factory warranties!

Originally posted by XLR8
He had a twin-turbo set-up and other mods that he said would cost over $20,000 if a customer wanted it installed. :eek: It would also void all of the factory warranties!

ouch... that's a steep trade for low 13s

Originally posted by nero
ouch... that's a steep trade for low 13s

That's also about a mile higher in altitude, would be a LOT quicker near sea level. Most stock Zs run high 13s-low 14s depending on driver. I have had issues with some of the owners that think their cars are invincible, however. Last week on my way home from the track, a Z was tailgating me so bad I almost couldn't see his headlights. We got up to a light, he pulled around on the left and started revving like crazy. Apparently he was not able to figure out that my car still had the 12.0 dial-in on the window(no cage so I had to sandbag, car ran 11.71 when I ran it out). I walked the car out when the light changed, and by the time I hit 90 he was about 10 cars behind me. I applied the brakes, and returned to normal speed (about 60). The idiot flies by me at over 100, nearly hit another car, and then flashed his hazard lights at me. At least when I mess around with the guys who drive american cars I don't have to deal with the "ricer fly-by" or endangering other people.

Even closer to sea level those cars are pretty weak. There were a few at Island Dragway, in NJ..Closer to sea level and none of them broke into the 13's, a couple 14.2's but no 13's.

The turbocharged model ran low 13's and never hit the 12's.

I know altitude helps but in this case it didn't seem to do much. I was disappointed, those care look really nice, they should be faster.

PS, there were 3 GN's ther that night! Sweet rides...I miss mine
:(

I take exception to their using the "350" name/number. That is an American monikor.

350 zit

friend has one with a cat back header and k,n sort of quick at 3500 and above but no way is it beating my 79 ta (12.18) at 114m.p.h. thanks nunzi romano.

I am SO SICK of the Z guys thinkin' their cars are hot chit. Those things suck. Period. Thank you for illustrating that for one of those retards.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
I am SO SICK of the Z guys thinkin' their cars are hot chit. Those things suck. Period. Thank you for illustrating that for one of those retards.

Agreed, and you're very welcome. :D

Back