You can type here any text you want

my first real kill

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
well i love to read about kills here and until sat evening i had nothing better to write about but killing every Honda or Toyota coming my way:biggrin:.
I was invited by a friend to come hang out at their clubs monthly cruise in. I decided to go ( any chance to take the T out I'm in)to Starbucks and show off the car some since it was all back together.I asked my wife to come with me and lets make it a rare hot date night,see agreed:biggrin: .
we met up at the shop (I just got through installing a dutt-neck I/C)and pulled out to head toward the mall (starbucks) and i noticed a mustang coming:rolleyes: .100 yards down we had to stop and turn onto the bypass ( four lane)while stoped i looked back and noticed it was a new cobra with what looked like a big intercooler in the bottom bumper facia:eek: .
i pulled out and saw he was going the same way as me or following me, as soon as i got car strait,i looked over at Angie and she knew what was going to happen;) i punched the throttle and boost seemed to come in alot faster and i noticed some slight knock( boost gage showing 17-18psi) the intercooler gave me 2-3 psi? awesome! at full boost and my wife riding with me,car didn't spin:biggrin: .when i hit second i looked back and could see the cobras nose drop and raise each time he shifted....HE COULDN'T CATCH ME!!!
we had to stop at three more red lights,and each time he couldn't catch me or even get in the lane beside me.each light i would take off hard and i could see and hear his supercharger.but he wasn't gaining on me.
after three red lights of this, he turned off and would even look our way:biggrin:
i pulled into the parking lot of star bucks and started hanging out when about 15 minutes later this same cobra pulled in(i parked next to the road so everyone passing could see the T)he got out and made a b line for my car:eek:
he didnt give his name but walked up and started asking how much hp does my grand national :rolleyes: make!!!
anyway we talked for 30 min and educated him on turbo T's and gn's, etc and he showed me his car.05 cobra aftermarket s/c,bigger fluid cooler for the intercooler,injectors,etc. i think the reason i out ran him,was because of my wiser driving technique(take off w/out spinning)and him frying his rears trying to catch up,oh well a kill is a kill.... i love my TB>>.. Gary

Good kill!
Did that taste like chicken? :biggrin:

Good kill! What are you running for rear tires that let you hook like that?

Jim

im running 235/60 comp t/a's. and my wife was riding. he had all that power and a five speed and he was spinning through first/second...he sounded slow between shifts.. rookie?

I don't race anymore but during the GN heyday I smoked MANY a Mustang GT because they didn't know how to drive sticks. The turbo makes it so easy to get into a good roll before it kicks you in the ass all the while they're spinning their tires off the wheels and going nowhere.

Good Kill!

So is it normal for a 12 or 13 second GN to not spin the 235/60 tires when just punched from a stop ? Mine is like that, but seems to gather speed ok with the cooler air... It just does not feel anywhere near as fast as my stick shift TA. Scared to find out at the track... fear I'll be disapointed.

So is it normal for a 12 or 13 second GN to not spin the 235/60 tires when just punched from a stop ? Mine is like that, but seems to gather speed ok with the cooler air... It just does not feel anywhere near as fast as my stick shift TA. Scared to find out at the track... fear I'll be disapointed.
Depends on the tire. When I had my first GN and subsequent collector GN a few years back they both had the original Eagle GTs. Horrible tire and would smoke from a dead stop. However, the newer high performance radials will stick and not spin from a dead stop on a stock GN/TTA. In my experience they'll start to chirp at most at about 10mph. This is all based on the fact you're not brake torquing (brake boosting) the car.

My current T-Type which is slightly modded will not brake the tires loose without brake torquing the car from a dead stop. But the rear tires are over sized and not stock. However, it will get crazy at 10-15mph on certain asphault on cool days once the boost comes up.

Back