You can type here any text you want

My first run (1/4 in Sweden)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lunkan

Crazy? Me? :-P
Ahh. Today was my first time with the car:
Reac - 0.435
60´s - 1.958
1/8 - 7.879 @ 95.75
1/4 - 12.137 @ 116.50
The tranny slips BIGTIME between 2nd and 3rd, only 3 PSI boost at start (due to leaking x-over) and ET Streets 28*11.5-16 (the only tires I could get).

22PSI max boost
stock injectors
thrasher 108
TA-49 and 3" downpipe
VP CSP race fuel

MAN, am I impressed (owned a GTA -88 before)

I´m so excited I just had to post it.

I can´t find words for it :D But now I´m getting money to finance the rebuild of the tranny :(

Once again, congrats Andreas :)

I was at the same track as Andreas, we even run against eachother 2 times (and we only have 2 TTA:s in Sweden)

My times was 2.13 something 60 foot
1/8 8.39 90 mph something
1/4 12.87 some 110 mph (dosent have my time slip here and am to lazy to get it ) :)

Driven on 20.5 psi, same gas as Andreas and Thrasher 108 chip.
BFG Drag Radials (old slippy). Cat pipe. Except thoose its ALL stock. Ah, I locked the converter to, gave me 0.25-0.3 seconds. Cheap mod, lol!

Daniel

That 116mph should put you in the mid 11's easy if you get the car out of the hole better. Are the stock injectors really keeping up at that power level? Are you running high base line fuel pressure to make them work?
Looks to me like if you address a couple of issues you will be even happier ;) .

Jason

The stock injectors are running over the edge, and it´s a little on the lean side. I just had to put down a good time as we have a price in the club "fastest car of the year" that I was aiming for. I don´t think that anyone has gone that fast yet :)

As I´ve only owned the car 4 weeks, there´s some stuff I´m gonna take care of during the winter. First prio is the tranny and new injectors. I also have a set of ported stock heads that´s going on.

Originally posted by postal
That 116mph should put you in the mid 11's easy if you get the car out of the hole better. Are the stock injectors really keeping up at that power level? Are you running high base line fuel pressure to make them work?
Looks to me like if you address a couple of issues you will be even happier ;) .

Jason

Jason,

That is my old car, don't what's wrong it now...... last year it run 122 the hole race i was at..... must be the 28" high wheels.

Guess i'll have to change my sign. now......;)

I think its a combination. The 122 mph run was made at a 12.44 pass... Now Andreas run 12.13... Lower time, and then the mph dont rise as high cause the time is lower. Its pretty logical. I think :)

Daniel

Wrong Daniel, if the time is lower, the trap speed should be higher.

Also at the last race there was a strong wind in the back.

I think it's the tranny that causes lower trap speed.

Back