You can type here any text you want

My first run against a c6 Z06

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buttonfly

The stable....
Well I have been wanting to find one out and about that was willing to run. I had 2 buddies with me, but low and behold I catch one playing with a bike in front of us. I am like heck yes lets play with it. We catch them at the next light. Couldn't have written it any better. I know they want to run, they keep looking over, gave my a quick rev. Agian I have a little to much ballast so to speak (i.e. 450lbs worth of passengers) hehehe!:D

Anyways I start to bring it up on boost in anticipation of the green light. The light fell and away we went. I was spinning out of the hole, as was he! Finally I get it to bite. I had a good car length, and was holding him at bay, well about the time he shifted 4th that thing came around me like I was sitting still, about 100-105mph. I mean I gave him all he wanted for the first 100 mph and he just scooted on by. So I will conceed that win to him. We then went again from a roll about 20-25mph or so. I had to catch him off guard or I think he was underestimating the little buick. I brought up the boost and was just waiting on him to take the hit. Well this time I pulled out 2 cars rather quickly, and he lifted. (typical vette owner!)
Trust me I know I deal with them all day at work! hehehe

Anyways long and short of it is I may not have won, but I certainly went home feeling like I did. 3 people in the car, no heat in the tires and I beat him through 100mph. Next time I will not have people in the car, I will heat up the tires, and I should hold him off through the 1/4 at least. I just dont have anything for them beyond that. Those Z's are the most impressive cars on the road imo. I have been out in many of them and I just can't get over how well they run!

With an 11.90 you would definitely give an inexperienced driver and even an average one all they could handle. They have HUGE MPH though. I definitely wouldn't want any part of one from a roll. Nice race.

Atta boy Jason!!! Later, Bob.
Thank you sir! You know I wanted to get ahold of one! Hey I am thinking as long as it is nice hitting the cuise night in Belton. I'll call you later in the week, might be fun meet up out there!
Good story.
Thank you!
With an 11.90 you would definitely give an inexperienced driver and even an average one all they could handle. They have HUGE MPH though. I definitely wouldn't want any part of one from a roll. Nice race.
Yes you are absolutely correct. When he cam by my that this was really hitting its stride, no doubt about it. They pull hard on the big end. You can really see the difference between 11.90 at 113 and 11.90 at 118-120!:eek:
Still fun though!

some have gotten them into the 10s at almost 130mph with nothing but DRs

look up corvetteforum member "Ranger" for some impressive times out of bone stock C6Zs

Thanks for the story and hey you had him to 100 and made him think who is this guy.

Mikey

Z06's are an amazing car even in stock trim. i just wished I had the cash to buy one. Keep in mind you do not need to race around the world. Your ahead at 100mph tap the brakes and let him know the race is over. Nice run!

Back