You can type here any text you want

my gn vs. zo6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
MSA231V6 said:
Just to clarify - there is no blower on a CTS, only the STSv. The CTSv is a normally aspirated 5.7L (2005 and older) and 6.0L (2006 and newer). Of course I am sure someone is tinkering with them in the aftermarket - there is already a CTS body with a 3.8L turbo motor in it.

They make all sorts of stuff for the CTS-V, including blowers. But they didn't come with them from the factory. They trap in the 107-109 MPH stock so they're not slow, but they can't hook up due to wheel-hop issues. People are breaking rears once they do hook up. There are some guys with pretty quick ones though (particularly the "Maggies", which is the slang for the popular blowers), over on the Cadillac board (which is my other hang-out since I got my DTS).

The XLR-V has the C6 Z06 motor in it - very quick but also $100k.

I ran a regular C6 from a light a few weeks ago. Even the 'base' C6s are quick - trapping 110-112 MPH out of the box according to the rags. But from a light the GNs shine. Mine doesn't exactly fall on its face after the 1/8th, but it's definitely stronger in the first half of the 1/4-mile stretch. It was a Saturday - the day after Friday night street legal drags at Island - so I still had 114 in the tank, lots of timing, lots of boost and 28" DRs on it. He blew the launch and it was all over, but he hung back there pretty well but just couldn't make up the distance he lost, and lost a bit more to 90 MPH (disclaimer: the speed limit is 90 MPH in parts of my town ;)). The new Z06 would hand me my arse. Time for more mods I guess.....

Jim

turbojimmy said:
The XLR-V has the C6 Z06 motor in it - very quick but also $100k.

I was wrong about this. The XLR-V gets the 4.4L Northstar with the supercharger, like the STS-V but less HP for some reason (469 for the STS and 443 for the XLR-V).

Jim

jusa6 said:
Just happen about 30 minutes ago!.i was cruising along 45 south,when a red zo6 vette pulls up along side of me. He then revs his motor at me(was loud!) so i drop my speeds to 40 as he did as well. so i knew it was on,(a freeway roll on buick!oh no!!Lol) . I started brake torqueing ,spooled boost up to 4-5 pounds,in the moment of the last honk,i pounded the pedal,and instantly pulled 3 cars ahead of him still reeling him up ahead bad,but i had to brake due to traffic. I boosted 15 pounds,when i started knocking in the yellow zone(pump gas),so i had to lighten the pedal anyways.Cool driver,gave me the thumbs up,and a horray of honks(i guess he was amazed seeing a g.n in the middle of the night ,lol) ............

Good kill. Dammit i don't get any action on 45. I'm always going from Houston to Galveston and drive mine daily and never seem to get any action. And guys 01-04 Z06s are awesome cars but certainly not unbeatable. My car is trapping 95 in the 1/8 117-118 (hopefully more when cooler weather comes) and i have pulled on a number of Zs from 40-60 mph rolls. The new Zs are going to be incredible. The only reason i would even try one would be to see how fast he pulls away.

jusa6 said:
i run 10.23 @ more than a 130 mph. I consist of a 4.1 conley assemble block,te-44a turbo

Just to clarify----you run a 10.23 with a te-44(i understand the rest of the combo)------------If so--you are some kinda god or something----haven't heard anything that fast before----CONGRATS!!!!

Geoff

ghall said:
Just to clarify----you run a 10.23 with a te-44(i understand the rest of the combo)------------If so--you are some kinda god or something----haven't heard anything that fast before----CONGRATS!!!!

Geoff
i also spray the "bitch" at the same time,lol

i agree

i agree with the member saying that the gn has a good top end, i dont find it hard to believe a t 44 will run him into the ten's, shi%, a stock engine turbo and so on can get into the 11's with a few mods, but with all that stuff he's running, i dont find it hard to believe. whats the difference in a small turbo making 450 hp, and a big t 66 making 450 hp???? the price to me, if you can boost 19 psi with a stock turbo, and 19 with an aftermarket turbo? whats the difference....... good kill man, i know 02 mustangs dont have the best top end either, but I pull'd away from him from a 30 mph or so roll, and he has a manual tranny read my post. I've also surprised my self in taking out a camaro ss, 2002 that had a few mods too, also with a 6 speed, anything is possible. :)

Back