You can type here any text you want

My grand national has no power!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Geezy

I started the car and cranked and started fine with no issues. I turned it off , but like ****ass turned it back on while it was still shutting off . Heard a whinning sound and power slowly went out. No interior lights, gauges, power at the battery etc. wont start! Only have very liw power to the hood light bulb? Was thinking it was the starter, I ordered mini, but have not receieved yet. any help would be greatly aporeciated.
Battery is brand new, purchased in March 16 and is a optima born date
is 1/16
Car is stock

There are fusible links that connect to the starter u prob fried.

Excess resistance in a circuit. There is more going on than turning off the key.

It was just a suggestion to check it out . There are many reasons the fuse able links would go maybe it's been hanging out by the hot ass exsaust to long and exposed the wire. Definitely worth checking and even replacing

I will check the links. Ordered a mini starter any way, Pretty sure the starter is the orginal. So worth upgrading. Thanks guys will keep you posted

Prioryo this happeneing I replaced my turn signal flasher would this be a related issue to no power ?

Not sure on that one. Maybe someone else can provide a source.

Do you know where the fusible links are? If so, you should be able to perform a continuity test with a multi-meter.

Not sure on that one. Maybe someone else can provide a source.

Do you know where the fusible links are? If so, you should be able to perform a continuity test with a multi-meter.
No, I have read they are by the starter and connected to the fuse box but not really sure. Have not had a chance to trouble shoot

I replace the starter and now car atleast gets power, but my battery is drained, starts with a jump start but wont stay on when jump cables are disconneted. Removed the alternator and had it checked and tested as good. Any other Ideas? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Sometimes a car won't continue to run if the battery is too weak.
Disconnect the negative terminal and charge it for a few hours. Reconnect and see if it will run. If it is still won't run , you might try having the battery checked at an autozone or some other box store. If bad, you gotta replace it anyway so swap it out with the old one. My guess is it will run as evidenced by the car running while jumped. FWIW.

Disconnect the negative terminal and charge it for a few hours. Reconnect and see if it will run. If it is still won't run , you might try having the battery checked at an autozone or some other box store. If bad, you gotta replace it anyway so swap it out with the old one. My guess is it will run as evidenced by the car running while jumped. FWIW.

Back