My latest t-link data with new chip-Joe L.

Originally posted by Quick6
"O2 Volts 671 777 855 843 843 808 335
MAF 7 45 117 233 226 237 39 "

Joe, I agree 810 on a street chip is fine, but I was refering to these numbers in particular, they look a little rich when compared to the lower maf numbers.

As I said before I am not concerned with the fueling right now.
It is Absolutely, Positively, not part of his knocking situation.
The Car needs to be in proper tune, along with the integrity of all sensors especially MAF, & TPS.
To me right now, I don't trust any readings.
Especially 02's if sensor is questionable as I mentioned before.
I'm still not convinced the MAF is truly functioning properly.
Its not unusal for richness when the maf is out of calibration.
Fuel pressure was also a little high 42-43psi should help, but I wouldn't touch anything except what was mention earlier.
As I said I will await more feedback. There is something else going on.
More boost or fuel pressure will take care of richness, but everything else must be up to par.
If a car runs like Cr_p the numbers will also be Cr_p.

Later
Joe

Originally posted by J. Lubrant

Jeez...never said it was, just making an observation that it appears to be running rich, you even go on to state that the fuel pressure is too high? 855 02's at a maf of 230~220 kinda speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Quick6
Originally posted by J. Lubrant

Jeez...never said it was, just making an observation that it appears to be running rich, you even go on to state that the fuel pressure is too high? 855 02's at a maf of 230~220 kinda speaks for itself.

Ok on the observation, Its rich on all the runs. I said this is normally the case if knock occurs and timing gets pulled back.
Results in richness since the fuel is not getting burnt properly (ie not enough timing to complete the burn cycle) 17-18 deg in the chip getting pulled back to 14-15 deg in most cases.

So the test run numbers are cr_p because of knock, need to solve one problem at a time. I thought I said this before?
He needs to find out (1) Is it an ocatane issue?, (2) is it a maf issue?, (3) is it a tps issue? (4) is it a mechanical issue?, and thats just for starters!

Hi Joe,
I changed the fuel filter yesterday.
I drove the car today, just looking at the scanmaster.
In the morning, I got on it and got about 6 degrees of kr.
This afternoon I only got 2 degrees one run through 3rd gear and one quick blast through 1st and 2nd I got none. These runs were at 15 psi of boost.
So it seems the fuel filter didn't hurt. I am still running rich, like Quick six says, but I know from before, if I lower the fuel pressure, my knock goes up. If I raise my boost my knock goes up.
I checked my maf readings and it is definitely 5 in p/n and it goes to 6/7 in drive. My iac reading in park is 18-19. I still need to adjust the tps down some.
Question. I notice the integrator goes to 128 when I get on it. Is this programmed in the chip when it sees a certain tps reading?
When I am under full throttle are the injectors going static?(always open)
Thanks again,
James

Originally posted by SuperTTA
Hi Joe,
I changed the fuel filter yesterday.
I drove the car today, just looking at the scanmaster.
In the morning, I got on it and got about 6 degrees of kr.
This afternoon I only got 2 degrees one run through 3rd gear and one quick blast through 1st and 2nd I got none. These runs were at 15 psi of boost.
So it seems the fuel filter didn't hurt. I am still running rich, like Quick six says, but I know from before, if I lower the fuel pressure, my knock goes up. If I raise my boost my knock goes up.
I checked my maf readings and it is definitely 5 in p/n and it goes to 6/7 in drive. My iac reading in park is 18-19. I still need to adjust the tps down some.
Question. I notice the integrator goes to 128 when I get on it. Is this programmed in the chip when it sees a certain tps reading?
When I am under full throttle are the injectors going static?(always open)
Thanks again,
James

Injectors are programmed for 100% dc, blm&int will lock at 128 above 50% throttle in PE.
The maf reading of 6/7 in p/n is still to high, unless the idle is to high for other reasons. The chip I believe is programmed for 750rpm idle either in gear and p/n. So 6/7 steady state in p/n would indicate a possible problem with maf or IAC setting.
Also If possible get some octane in that tank, some 100oct. would be great just to rule out lower than 92 being sold to you?
Could also be mechanical in nature?
Do you still run Stock Turbo?
Joe

Joe,
I am running 93 octane and I added some octane booster today. I know most are snake oils, but a few years back with another TTA I was running a thrasher and it was shooting the boost up to 18 in first gear and the stuff I am using now stopped the detonation I was getting.
I ordered a new IAC, should be coming soon. It is the original IAC. I do not think mine is bad, but it is one of the few things that have not been replaced.
Stock turbo, downpipe, cat and exhaust.
SS maf pipe with 8" K&N, stock turbo, 30lb green stripe injectors.
Adj wastegate and adj fuel pressure regulator(ATR billet top style).
I did the GM top engine cleaner stuff a few weeks ago and that helped lower the kr some. I added the power plate between the upper and lower plenums and that helped lower the kr some more. Running the stock chip I was able to run 16 psi of boost with about 4 degrees of kr at the most.
With the chip I got from you I am able to run 15 psi at about 4 degrees of kr. Seems like the kr gets a little better and better the more I drive the car. Computer must be learning in.
Later,
James

Hi Joe,
Update. This last weekend I did a bleed down test on my injectors and they all seems to bleed down the same psi of fuel pressure(from 42 psi down to 13 psi, using a injector pulser). I changed the plugs and noticed my number 3 plug indicated a lean condition to me (white residue on the ground electrode) the rest were all normal to me( a little tanish residue on the plugs).
My MAF readings are 5 in P/N and 6/7 in drive. Idle is about the same in park and drive at about 750. Reset my tps from a max of 4.60 to 4.50 with the car off (before it would go to 4.9 with it running so I am assuming it will be around 4.8).
I'll try and test it out tomorrow if the weather is nice.
Later,
James