My limited experience with V-techs.

True but they seem to be the majority and I just think they give drag racing a bad name if thats possible as it already as one!!! :mad:

Street Racing or Drag Racing? Big difference IMO...

Yeah, you are probably right if you mean Street Racing because yes, most of the people driving crazy are in imports on the streets. Reason being, Imports are a kinda hot thing nowadays amongst younger driver's, when I was a kid, believe me, you didn't see ANY imports running rampant. It was the IROC's, Stangs, TA's, and yep, you guessed it TR's :D

But on the track, I mean they aren't any different than any other racers. You line up, and go. That's all there is too it.

Miguel

Well, thank goodness I finally got something on this board with a 5-star rating!!! Now, back to the matter at hand what the heck happened to mr. v-tech??? Has he finally broken the 20 second barrier with his PATHETIC WEAK little car??? I suppose this is possible if he bolted a 200 shot of naws and a turbo on his ride!!! I'm sure the only powerful thing in his car is his stereo which he has probably spent $10,000 on, you know the cars that pull up beside you at a stoplight with the radio blaring so loud you'd swear you were sitting in the front seat with them listening to the latest hit rap song??? Maybe he saw the overwhelming response his pathetic salvo wrought and rightfully decided that he better just surrender to the "DARK SIDE". Just one more thing mr. v-tech, before you can officially join the "DARK SIDE" you must LOSE THE FART-CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY? why do these guys take these little cars and try to beat american muscle cars:rolleyes: My wife has a 99 chevrolet malibu and i have beaten many hondas. It is all stock because i wouldn't waste my time with a muffler.......yuo can't take chicken @@@ and make chicken pie...get a real car............................:D

Bottom line on this topic is HONDUH=POS!!!! LMFAO Unless you mind puting millions of dollars in a little rice rocket and you must have the huge wing with the even bigger FART TIP LOL!!!! If speed kills ricers will live forever:p :p Shoebox

That's sad..

To all those Honda owners,

The stories go on and on. I am not so privileged as to own a TR or GN, but I do own a '94
Buick Regal LTD with the 3.8 V6 TPI. I live in Calgary, Alberta and I know a few people who
even at this altitude run mid 12's with their GNs and lower. And as for rice-rockets, a brand
new Si can't even touch my 4-door sedan 'granny car' with a 16.7@83mph. I've spent not even
a $1000 bucks on my car, that includes the rubber. Oh, and those awesome Integra Type-R's
everybody raves about? Consistent 16.6's with different, varied drivers. Now that's friggin
sad when my 4,000lb fwd V6 is just but a heartbeat away from a $34,000 'sports car'. I'm
not saying Hondas are slow, although I hate them, they're quick for what they are!
But so is my non-turbo Buick. And about those NSX's everybody thinks kick so much ass... yeah, you guessed it, mid 14's. What does a bone-stock TR run at this altitude? Mid 14's. Let's weigh this out... 14 year old car, buy one for about $12,000 CAD, or an NSX, that goes for upwards of $80,000. I'd rather ****ing walk than drive that crap. I think you Honda drivers should stay to your league and not be so jumpy to race that middle-aged man in his black brick. You won't even know what hit you. ;)

Jeff

V-tech:eek: , not much more than pump up lifters.:rolleyes:
I beat a type "R", not much of a race after 1st gear. Ofcourse that 9000rpm rev he threw sounded like a CBR, but it didn't come close to performing like one.:D
As for handling, I had one try to hang with me on a "clover-leaf", and put a BUS length on him by the exit! And judging by the way his tail was wagging I bet he won't push that V-tech like that again soon. (after he changed his undies..)I thought he was going to lose it!:eek: I love the way an IROC tracks at a full drift, though it could use a turbo!;)

I would like to offer my two cents to Mr. V-TEC.

First of all, I solute all those car enthusists who modify what they drive, no matter what it is. I, however, hold no respect for those who owe their "ricer-racer" ambition to those who pioneered street performance and continuously bash us despite this fact.

Second, the only reason why your little rice burners can even remain in the same zip code with an American performance machine during a race might be attributed to the fact that they only weigh a fraction as much. Yes, yes, yes; I can see those little ricers on TV blazing down the strip doing 12s, 11s, 10s, and even some 9s. But the thing I also see is them breaking every other run. Besides, how much do they weigh when they get to that point anyway? Maybe 1300 lbs with driver? Not much more than a roll cage and tin foil at best. Even I can bolt a 110 hp GM Iron Duke TECH-4 engine on a go cart chassis and run a 10 second 1/4 mile if I see the need.

But thats not the point. The point is that: like you, so many others of your kind fail to recognize and understand what it is you are attacking. Buick (and most other true American makes) aren't only about going fast. Its about going fast with class. Sure, your Honda may have some American-made parts on it, and you may be able to go out and spend $20,000 on it to get it into the 10s. But when you get rearended at a traffic light by a semi or 1-ton pickup; if you are still alive, you will most likely be disheartened to find out that your little ricer-racer is still only worth $2000 in the eyes of your insurance company.

You boys full of hot air better watch out for those rice runners they might jump up and bite you in the A$$

What he is saying is that some civics will smoke your ass fool.

The only way to get a v-tech over 100 m.p.h. is to drive it off a TALL cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted earlier by 350RPowerdcivic in another idiotic thread
This is my last post here cause I'm not wanted because I post stupid things. C-YA

How about you show us all that you are a man of your word?

Why doesn't the import lover have a location in his profile? Makes me wonder. Race some people on the list here. I am sure there will be at least a dozen offers. Not bashing your civic, thats fine if thats what you like. :eek: I have a buddy that has a turbo neon that ran last week off the juice 9.36@150 and with a 75 shot on Sunday 9.07@155.5. Now does that make neons the king? Nope, just another fast car. In general hondas are slow compared to stock gn's. (Even with your VTEC engine) Personally I have not raced a fast VTEC, but until then I will keep pounding them in my Shelby. :D

350poweredcivic

If i ever got beat by a moron like you i would sell my car and crawl in the deepest, blackest hole i could find. You are stupid and you wouldn't dare say the things you are saying to my face. I got your fool...........................................

He sounds like your typical tenny bopper RICER with some serious pipe dreams... It seems like a lot of these kids are clueless about what real performance cars are and have no clue what a FAST car really is... to bad he doesn't live closer to me, cause I'd gladly show his ignorant RICER ass... I blame a lot of it on that dumbass movie the Fast and the Furious... I think they should of called it the Slow and the Delerious!!! :mad:

Yes there are some fast imports, I have a friend with a mid 11. Mitsu eclipse awd, yes he drives it on the street. His car is gutted BUT it looks stock on the outside (no fart pipe or bi plane on the rear deck) But the majority of them are WEAK, I wont even waste my time or gas on them when I drive my Ty (they are not worthy) but I do get a kick out of spanking them in the family four door sedan (99 GTP runs high13.s low 14.'s) with less than $200.00 in mods :eek:. Example... went to a bracket bash the other week at Bremerton, my girl in her GTP against a stud in his 99 prelude:rolleyes: gutted with a big ol fart pipe. Result... her 2.3 60' 14.23 @ 98.4:D stud muffin 2.2 60' 16.2 @ 85:eek: Now that was funny. Earlier that day him and his homeboys were talking trash about how he would smoke my Ty :rolleyes: . So with all the crap Ptec and 350limpdik are talking did they ever give a actual ET:confused: . I didnt think so.

TurboSUV
12.090 @116.85

Re: VTEC

Originally posted by MeanBuicks

Publication Date Quarter Mile Time
AutoWeek 8/26/91 (not reported)
Car & Driver 9/90 13.8 @ 102 MPH
Car & Driver 7/98 12.9 @ 110 MPH
Motor Trend 12/90 13.7 @ 103.1 MPH
Motor Trend 8/91 14.4 @ 93.3 MPH (automatic transmission)
Road & Track 8/90 14.0 @ 100.0 MPH
Sports Car International 12/90 13.47 @ 105.6 MPH

Boys, I don't think anyone here on this board can hang with this.
:rolleyes:

Hmmmmmm...... Stock for stock I believe this CAN hang with any year GN.

But wait...... It costs more right? :rolleyes: :D

Miguel