You can type here any text you want

My neighbor and an early 90s Vette

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
I rolled up to a light 2 lanes wide. There was already an Audi A6 there, and I had an early 90's vette on my tail already (I was secretly hoping for a red light here and I got it). Now, I live in the type of 'hood where folks don't get the whole car thing. They pull their kids a little closer and give me looks of disgust when I roll through the 'hood in the GN (which is why I like to uncap the dump whenever I can).

Anyhow, I see this Audi and I'm thinking "Is that Andy?" (my next door neighbor). 10PM on a Sunday night - what are the chances? Nah, can't be. If it were, I'd let the Vette go rather than show my neighbor that I'm a lunatic. But I couldn't do it. I had to shake that Vette. So the Vette is behind me, Audi to the left. Opposing light turns yellow, I begin to spool. Green! I think I got the best launch of my career off that light. The nose headed for the moon - so much so it scared me and I let off a bit (I was afraid the DRs were going to break loose and things would get ugly but they hung in there). I looked in the rear view and it was over in about 1.5 seconds. Nothing but tiny headlights and smoke (running rich for some reason - have to look into that) I took it to 60-65, which what I would normally do anyway on this stretch of highway. I could see the Vette edged out the Audi, but the Audi passed him up and was gaining on me fast. I sped up to keep the distance. I slowed down to the speed limit when I got off the highway. The Audi, which turned out to be my neighbor, caught up. Oops. I pulled in my garage, he into his. I wanted to apologize for the vulgar display of power, but he went in the house without saying anything. He's a cool guy in general, but I'm not sure what he'd think of that. I guess I'll see today.

This cooler weather and 100 octane fuel is good for the soul. I've been working 14 hours a day in my basement since Friday.

Jim

Originally posted by 2 QK 4 U
hey whats up with your neighbor? Did he get an attitude or what.

I dunno, haven't talked to him. He may not even mention it. I'm sure he's cool, I just would've shown a little more restraint than had it been a random A6. He waved to me when I was driving my invisible car ('99 Century) yesterday so I guess he's okay.

Jim

Jim,

How much boost can you run on that 100 octane?

Good story BTW!:D

Brad

Originally posted by darb
Jim,

How much boost can you run on that 100 octane?

Good story BTW!:D

Brad

It depends on the weather. Seems like Sunday night the sky was the limit. I had the BSTC turned all the way up - it was peaking at 22 PSI according to the gauge. This is with an Extender chip with "alky" settings (98 octane). I don't recall the timing, but I haven't adjusted the T+ beyond the chip.

On a hot day last week I had to turn the BstC back a little because I got some knock.

It's running rich enough to blow gray smoke, so that means more boost to me!

Jim

Back