You can type here any text you want

My T and a Viper

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboman38

It costs money to go fast
Went to the local flashlight drags on Saturday night. Had four races with the first three being no contest. An 86 Gran Prix, 1971 Cuda 340 four speed and a 74 Nova with a "good running" small block Chevy. Wasted all of them so decided to step up and go with a viper. Owner said it was a 96 Viper. I had just put my Alky system on that day and was having traction problems so I knew it would be a good race. I came slow out of the hole because of my tires and then put it to the floor. The car came up to 21 pounds and started spinning the back tires at which point I let off and then mashed it again. He beat me by a fender. :( Can you say "Drag Radials"? :rolleyes: If I could leave with any boost and my tires quit spinning under full boost I would of beat him easily.

Canm have all the horsepower in the world but if you can't put it to the ground then it's useless. Needless to say I will be looking for a deal on drag radials.

Sorry I got beat!

very nice..

just wondering what types of times you turned out and 60'ft

i was looking to go to the track soon but my back tires are bald and cant afford drag radials/slicks or anything for quite some time!

Originally posted by turboman38
Went to the local flashlight drags on Saturday night. Had four races with the first three being no contest. An 86 Gran Prix, 1971 Cuda 340 four speed and a 74 Nova with a "good running" small block Chevy. Wasted all of them so decided to step up and go with a viper. Owner said it was a 96 Viper. I had just put my Alky system on that day and was having traction problems so I knew it would be a good race. I came slow out of the hole because of my tires and then put it to the floor. The car came up to 21 pounds and started spinning the back tires at which point I let off and then mashed it again. He beat me by a fender. :( Can you say "Drag Radials"? :rolleyes: If I could leave with any boost and my tires quit spinning under full boost I would of beat him easily.

Canm have all the horsepower in the world but if you can't put it to the ground then it's useless. Needless to say I will be looking for a deal on drag radials.

Sorry I got beat!

I have a pair of Mickey Thompson's on t-type wheels for sale. They're not drag radials though, they're regular slicks. Let me know if you're interested, I'm letting them go for cheap.

Have not had the car to the track yet.

I have slicks but they are kinda old.

What size are the slicks and how much do you want?

How old are they?

Originally posted by turboman38
Have not had the car to the track yet.

I have slicks but they are kinda old.

What size are the slicks and how much do you want?

How old are they?

They are 26x10 ET Drags. The t-type wheels that they are on came off of my old car & are in good shape- they dont shine anymore but they get the job done. The slicks however are fairly new, they were used only once at the track. I have used them a couple times after that, but only to drive around town with. These tires go for $170 each brand new, my price is $365 for everything. I have no need for this stuff since I sold my t-type & now have a firebird. I have a picture if you're interested. -Dave

duh... after re-reading your post i see you said FLASHLIGHT drags.... my mistake sorry

nice post though
if turboman isnt interested in wheels... even though i think he is... i may be!

Back