You can type here any text you want

my T Type and a school bus

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I will remember this day for the rest of my life:

Driving to class yesterday morning and a big 'ol school bus full of kids is waiting next to me at the light. I hear a horn honking and look out my pass. side window to see a hand waving back and forth. I roll mine down and lean over. He is a 50-something year old bus driver with an Edelbrock hat on, saying "man that's a nice car!" I thanked him and then he says, "you wanna run?"

After I got the puzzled look off my face, I said, "well, you have the torque advantage, so I better pass on this one." He replies with, "Eh, you're gonna get the turn arrow before I get the green light so we'll call it a draw." He tells me to light 'em up when I leave, and I couldn't leave a car guy hanging.

I only wish I would have been paying attention when I was behind the bus, there was probably a chrome tailpipe and some stickers on the back!

thats cool, not a race but if you would have raced a school bus that wouldn't have been fair, and just wrong. I love seeing cool people out on the roads that don't want to race, but just say nice car. always makes my day :D

School bus....owies...

well at least your bus wanted to run ya and not RAM ya! recently in my 98 Dakota (TR tow vehicle) was at an intersection and after getting a green light went out into it and to my horror read the chrome words of on a rather large yellow steel WALL "BLUEBIRD" bearing down at me! Didn't even get to say the word "Christ!" only screamed "JESUS H....*WAMMO!!* totalled my Dak and to this day I'm still waiting on the state of florida/county to pay up for the bus running the red light. thank God there were NO Kids in the bus! anyway, thought I'd share.:eek:

almost forgot...

Originally posted by denn454
love seeing cool people out on the roads that don't want to race, but just say nice car. always makes my day :D

heheheh, funny but true...when I first got my TR the last words to me by every State Trooper after pulling me over and walking back to their car or motorcycle was "Nice Car". :cool:

Back