my T Type and a school bus

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I will remember this day for the rest of my life:

Driving to class yesterday morning and a big 'ol school bus full of kids is waiting next to me at the light. I hear a horn honking and look out my pass. side window to see a hand waving back and forth. I roll mine down and lean over. He is a 50-something year old bus driver with an Edelbrock hat on, saying "man that's a nice car!" I thanked him and then he says, "you wanna run?"

After I got the puzzled look off my face, I said, "well, you have the torque advantage, so I better pass on this one." He replies with, "Eh, you're gonna get the turn arrow before I get the green light so we'll call it a draw." He tells me to light 'em up when I leave, and I couldn't leave a car guy hanging.

I only wish I would have been paying attention when I was behind the bus, there was probably a chrome tailpipe and some stickers on the back!

thats cool, not a race but if you would have raced a school bus that wouldn't have been fair, and just wrong. I love seeing cool people out on the roads that don't want to race, but just say nice car. always makes my day :D

School bus....owies...

well at least your bus wanted to run ya and not RAM ya! recently in my 98 Dakota (TR tow vehicle) was at an intersection and after getting a green light went out into it and to my horror read the chrome words of on a rather large yellow steel WALL "BLUEBIRD" bearing down at me! Didn't even get to say the word "Christ!" only screamed "JESUS H....*WAMMO!!* totalled my Dak and to this day I'm still waiting on the state of florida/county to pay up for the bus running the red light. thank God there were NO Kids in the bus! anyway, thought I'd share.:eek:

almost forgot...

Originally posted by denn454
love seeing cool people out on the roads that don't want to race, but just say nice car. always makes my day :D

heheheh, funny but true...when I first got my TR the last words to me by every State Trooper after pulling me over and walking back to their car or motorcycle was "Nice Car". :cool:

Back