You can type here any text you want

My Tranny is Posessed!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF27

OK here we go!! Took out motor an tranny to replace motor. Tranny was fine when took out.. Put motor an tranny back together plugged everything up an drove car... Car would try to die @ low RPM's coming to stop, an all. Symtoms of a bad TCC Solenoid.. So unplugged the solenoid on side of tranny an have been driving car to break motor in around town.. SO today go an replace solenoid with new AC Unit.. Button everything up take off down the rd. an there we go again same symtoms... :( Couple of thought"s of my own... 1} Could I have had the solenoid plugged in wrong from the begining onthe inside of the tranny where it plugs into for the outside plug an therefore the solenoid was always good an this makes me a big dumbazzz.. I know the wire coming from the solenoid has a small knotch on it where it plugs into something but my connector on the tranny leading to the outside is kinda broke on the inside where it plugs into so regardless I just plugged it in with the knotch facing the tranny pan figured this made the most sense... 2} I have a Extender Extreme Chip so do I need to prgogram the convertor to lock up @ a certain speed an maybe thats why its acting crazy with the TCC plugged in?? 3} I bought a brand new bad TCC Solenoid "not likely"

any chance you pinched a wire between the motor and bell housing?

a,b,c,d, must line up, both inside and out

If you need the plug or the recepticle (as GN and 4 prong ones are different and hard to come by) Let us know.
Also, if the TCC valve is stuck in the pump, it will do the same thing. If debris is in the valve, it will cause this as valve cannot shuttle. Pull TCC back out and push up on the valve with a small screwdriver or scribe and make SURE valve is free.
More things to ck.

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

OK if the valve is not free can I simply take itout an clean it up??? But if it is free it should simply move up an down when I push on it with a screwdriver,, correct??

Transmision was fine when taken out now I have this problem with it acting crazy when plugged in @ the solenoid.. So replacing it did not fix the problem which tells me the org. solenoid was good.. How can I ck to see if the connector @ the transmission is getting power??? But shouldn't it be getting power anyways since its making the tranny act up when its plugged in??

Correct

RUQWKNF27 said:
OK if the valve is not free can I simply take itout an clean it up??? But if it is free it should simply move up an down when I push on it with a screwdriver,, correct??

Transmision was fine when taken out now I have this problem with it acting crazy when plugged in @ the solenoid.. So replacing it did not fix the problem which tells me the org. solenoid was good.. How can I ck to see if the connector @ the transmission is getting power??? But shouldn't it be getting power anyways since its making the tranny act up when its plugged in??

It appears to be working inside. But you are correct on the valve.
Bruce
We4
www.PTSXTREME.com

Ok well I pulled the pan off the tranny for the 2nd time htis week , which is more then I care to do... I checked for power to slot A off the harness with switch on an had 12.87 volts an then ohmed out the TTC even though its new and got 26 ohms.. SURPRISE.. I then pulled out the TCC Valve an pushed up on the valve in which I believe was stuck an then sprayed some WD-40 in the vale hoe.. Buttoned everything back up went down the rd. an no bog or premature lock-up @ all.. Took it out onthe hi-way pulled in OD an around 55-60 RPM's dropped 300-500 so that tells me I got LU.. Did the brake tap test an RPM's raised 500 rpm for a sec so I guess that confirms it.. I might think I have it fixed we will see with more driving.. I for got how much OD in LU takes outta hteses cars.. @ 65-MPH its pulling like 1900 RPM's//...

Back