N/A "log" manifolds

Drac0nic

It ain't easy livin free
I hate to do it, but right now due to time and money constraints I'm thinking about using the logs that came with the NA 3.8L I've got. There's also the fact I have little to no urge to be playing with a TIG welder to make something up right now, and I'm thinking the logs would clear better too. A stock GN DS header would probably work, the passenger side one wouldn't as I'm going to relocate the turbo behind the engine due to engine compartment constraints. I was wondering if anyone had used these, I'm planning on rooting them out as much as possible with a sanding drum first, of course. If so, was there a point at which they fell flat on their face?

Astros are a "dog house" style motor, which means that the engine is basicly in the passenger compartment. In this case, I'd say that up to the front passenger side exhaust port on the head is where the firewall is, just to give you an idea of the room I'm playin with here. I think moving the turbo to the back is the best plan of action, short of removing the heater box (may happen) and sticking it basicly in that location. Still wouldn't fit without heavy header mods. The T-rivi stuff would be too tall, based on my memory of what was there. Now the actual headers themselves would be a very viable candidate provided I could find a set, I traded off the ones I had which may have been foolhardy in retrospect.