You can type here any text you want

N/A "race"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurbolessRegal

Engineering Student
So I'm going to work today, sitting around in traffic when I notice another vinyl top Regal sitting right behind me. Obviously he saw my GN license plate in the window, and the l.p. bracket that reads "wish i had a GN", so he pulls around alongside of me. Then it all came together...307 v8 showdown lol :D (he told me at a previous light it was an 8).

From a 20mph roll, we both hammer it, no turbos whistling, no tires screaming to keep up. I will proudly say that I had him by about a car length by 80, despite the fact that my throttle response sucks. Both gave each other thumbs up before parting ways. Nice to see someone else who appreciates the slower, n/a brothers.

Now this is a good kill story. The epic battle of the (in)famous 307 small block.

From a 20mph roll, we both hammer it, no turbos whistling, no tires screaming to keep up.

Thats classic. Is it bone stock or does it at least have a set of flowmasters?

I got an 80 series crossover flowmaster. I had a 2.5" pipe done from the cat to the muffler and duals after that. Sounds refined, but not quite loud enough :D

Cool Story!

My wife has an 86 n/a Regal Limited. The 1/2 vinyl, the chrome below the doors, 307, you get the idea. It is a fine automobile, but I am always kidding around (aka venting) when I'm out in it. I pull up next to like everybody and look over and say (windows all the way up so they can't hear) "You want some of me? Huh? Don't make me have to put the smack down on ya!" "That's what I thought." I do love her car, but I would bet you 100 bux the n/a 231 V6 would outrun it. My I had a friend with an 84 (I believe) V6 and that thing would scoot pretty good. Yup, wife's car gives me boost withdrawls, REAL BAD!

Anyhow, cool story and good kill! Reminded me of the above story so I thought I would share.

it's funny how you get so used to a turbo and then you have to go a week without the wastegate hooked up like i had to one time...so i was driving around with no boost...and lemme tell you our cars NEED turbos! just seems to accelerate worse than a 4 banger!

nice regal!

i checked out that picture of your car TurbolessRegal!
thats a great lookin regal! screw gettin a GN! save up and drop an LC2 in that bad boy!
it will be like a black version of my car!
i also dig those buick ralley wheels!!

www.pbase.com/victormarti/engine:)

Racing the 307 huh.. :D

Before I did my LC2 transplant, I did my fair share of messing with the 307 in my Regal.
I modded it a little, had the same hooker cat back behind it then that there is now, gutted cat, K&N, high output coil, wires, and some other goodies. I'll tell ya, the hooker exhaust sounded real good behind that motor.
I out ran my share of late 80s f body cars, lots of import junk, and hopped up trucks with cherry bombs :D
No match for the LC2, but it held its own with some tweaks.
BTW, that is a very nice car you got there!!

Thanks guys. I love the car for cruising and just looking at :D . I just got a black grille, tail lights, and headlight bezels, so I should post some new pics soon. Gonna have a photography inclined friend help me out. Can't wait to see it all. All inspired by the GN!

I got everything in duplicate, so I can return it to original condition in 10 minutes. Hell, I love chrome! Even when the bumper fell on me I was still loving it

Nice Regal you've got there.

I always liked the Regals with the T-Type package, blackouts, turbocast wheels, just no turbo motor and hood bulge. Make a nice daily driver

Hey maybe youve seen me around Port , i live in P.J station . My car looks like a GNX with flares and vents and emblems only my hood is flat and i have polished C.L auto drags on the car . Maybe ill run into you one day . I know guys may not like this but a crate motor would do nicely in your clean regal . SLEEPER see you out there.:p

Hey, I have a nice Buick 455 that would fit nicely in that! ;)
No crate motors... if you do drop another motor in there, at least make it a Buick motor. :D

Hey galoush-

No, I haven't seen your ride then. I usually go to all the flowerfield car shows and hang around the spot where the GN's reside. Last one there weren't any though, which killed the day.

You probably won't see my Regal (at school upstate now), but you might see my friend's. He's got an 86 Limited with T-tops and chevy rallye wheels. The car is in about 10 different colors (white nose, green doors, primer turbo hood, primer GSX style spoiler). It's got a mild 350 with a TH350. Man, I used to love going to work and having him do burnouts in the parking lot as we left for the night. Good times in pjs.

Back