N/A to Turbo swap

Caddy63

Hello Fella's, Long time lurker, 1st time poster. I have a clean 1981 regal 45K miles. I have found a carburated GN motor, not sure what year. It has the harness and the computer with it. Is it a PITA to go from NA to this carb turbo motor? I have Fabricating skills, but just was looking for an idea of what I was getting into before I buy this engine setup. The engine has been sitting for a few years, so it would need to be freshened up. What should I be concerned with on the turbo from sitting inside for 2 years? This motor ran well when pulled, The gentleman installed a BBC to go drag racing with. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott :confused:

Not going to get much power out of a carb turbo buick motor. Not sure on the swap, it gets involved when going with a SFI motor.

Does the carb turbo motor have beefed up internals like the FI trubo motors? How costly is the FI unit later down the road, can FI be installed on previously carbed motor? Thanks for the info, Scott:rolleyes: