You can type here any text you want

N E 1 ever heard of Marshall Crankshafts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clark6

I got a news letter from Rock auto talking about a company in Minnesota called Crankshaft supply making cranks for automobiles for 50 years.
The newsletter said clik on engines for your car on the Rock auto catalog.

Well I did for the Buick GN. Crankshaft supply didn't come up but Marshall part# did --- RockAuto.....MARSHALL Part # C2051 .
They called it a remanufactured crank , I wonder if they are any good?
I also wonder if Crankshaft supply and Marshall are the same or two different companies?

Could be an option for someone that maybe do not need a forged crank and basic stock build. They are asking for a core possibly to have something to work with. I was just wondering if anyone ever went this route or heard of someone that has.

Ok I looked, Marshall is in Nebraska, and Crankshaft supply is in Minnesota.

Something you may want to know, marshall offers turbo 3.8 engines, I called and asked if they could give me a serial number if I asked, they said they couldnt, I asked if they guaranteed that it would have the npt hole in the front of the lifter valley for turbo drain, they couldnt do that either, so in my opinion I would not buy a crank from them.

Marshalls is a large engine remanufacturer. I dont trust all of their practices in the machining process. Alot of their tooling is designed to last longer, not necessarilly provide the best specs and surface finishes. They are also the company that builds the "BLUEPRINT" performance engines in Summits catalog...Bascally the same type of company as Jasper.

Marshall sucks!!! I installed an engine in my dads 88 ford e150 10 years ago. Anyway He bought the engine through forest city auto parts. I installed the engine and it was running fine. I drove it to work to charge the ac.On the way home after recharging the ac there was a clanging noise from rear of engine. I get home and look under van and can see sparks coming from inspection cover.With ac off noise was gone:confused: Well I thought the plate between motor was bent. I put a prybar between block and flywheel to bend inspection cover away from flywheel and the crank moved an 1/8 inch:mad: This engine came with the oil pan on it .I pulled the pan and almost crapped myself.The engine had three sleeves and was windowed pretty good . About 1/4 inch sealing the oil pan gasket on the side rails:mad:They tried voiding the warranty because I pulled the pan. To make along story short there was no thrust bearing in engine and the lawyers got me a new ford engine courtesy of marshall. It was crazy but with the ac on it pulled the crank forward and caused the noise. I would not buy anything from that company. They suck. Thanks for letting me vent:biggrin:

Welp, there we have it , thanks for the info guys. To stay away.:smile:

Back