You can type here any text you want

N.O.S. question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnand00ws6

Would a dry shot of nitrous work on an 87 gn, right infront of the maf? would it help any performance wise. it would basically provide cold intake air from what i would imagine.

That would lean out your fuel mixture, and with the availabity of our Maf I not sure you want to take a chance on messing it up. If you looking to just cooling off the intake, shoot it across the front of the intercooler. Other wise stay with the bolt-on wet system.

Chuck

If the theory that the LS1 MAF reads the temp change of NO2 and accomodates with enough fuel is true than I suppose that you could move the intake air temp sensor into the MAF pipe and make it work, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I don't totally buy that the LS1 works 100% correct either, I mean the reason NO2 works so well isn't just cause it's cold, if that were the case you could just use compressed air. There's more O2/mol of NO2 than ambient air, and the way I figure is the ECM is calibrated for ambient air.

I'd be safe and use a wet kit, with a lot of caution and tuning.

just my $.02

Back