You can type here any text you want

NASCAR stuff?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

Does anyone know if the NASCAR Buick Stage II V6's where on or off center engines? I'm eyeing a 3.5" stroke LA Billet crank and some 6.48" Childs and Albert rods though if its on center stuff its pointless. Anyone actually used any NASCAR stuff?

Thanks,

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
Howdy,

Does anyone know if the NASCAR Buick Stage II V6's where on or off center engines? I'm eyeing a 3.5" stroke LA Billet crank and some 6.48" Childs and Albert rods though if its on center stuff its pointless. Anyone actually used any NASCAR stuff?

Thanks,

Most ASA and Busch motors were on-center..but you will find a variety of parts out there just as there were a bunch of people building these.

If you're thinking about buying some stuff from Muscle Motors, I believe all of the rods they have are on-center (including those C&As). The crank will work in either; there's no such thing as an "on-center" crank. Note that the 3.50 LA crank they have will require a custom billet flexplate or at least some machining and perhaps a fabricated "doubler" plate.

I've gone insane!!!

Ok, I really need to stop looking at Muscle Motorsports! But since I've been eyeballing this stuff, got to throw this combo out there.

stock 8484 4.1 block bored to 4.000"
LA Billet 3.07 Crank
6.48" or 6.50" rods
Stage II iron heads
Kinsler injection with upper plenum and an LT1 twin throttle body adapted on to the front
ATR or custom twin turbo headers 2 stock GN turbos
Diamond Pistons with a 27" dish on a 1.49-1.510 compression height with the piston .010 in hole for 8.31:1 compression

Thats a 231 with a massively over square bore/stroke ratio and seriously beefy internals (well minus the block).

Let the comments come poring in, and yes I already know i'm nuts.

Thanks,

BAGN has a couple of 3.23" stroke la billet cranks in the for sale section. That with a 4" bore would give you a nice tsm-legal 243.5 cubic inch short block, and even if you had to go another 0.020" later would still be okay at 246 cu in. Still massively oversquare; just run GN1R's instead of those stage II heads.

Well I just talked to Muscle, and most of the stuff they list on thier site is gone, oh well, I doubt the huge ports and short runners would behave very well on the street and I'd pobably just end up busting my block up. Still it would be cool to see someone pull this kind of idea off, though I'm sure someone proabably already has.

Thanks,

Back