You can type here any text you want

Navigation radio install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickGN

I wanted to put a OEM navigation radio in my GN. I found the one I want which is by a place called concept which looks OEM and was designed for GM replacements. Model number is GM-700. If you put in a search for that it'll come up in. After doing some research I found out that our slot opening is Din + 1/2. This radio is a double din size which is all GM navigation radios I believe anyways. Does GM have a Nav radio that is our size? I wanted to know if anybody has done or how can you change the slot? Or can you just change the inside metal frame to a double din? I don't want to get one of those screen flipping radios.

Just buy a panel out of a different car and cut it out some more it will involve fabricating a bracket and using the backstrap and the double male screw that comes with the radio I have done it before in a few g bodys

Just buy a panel out of a different car and cut it out some more it will involve fabricating a bracket and using the backstrap and the double male screw that comes with the radio I have done it before in a few g bodys
when you mean panel, do you mean the outside cover panel or metal frame in the back?

the actual radio panel the one that includes the hole for the a/c controls and cigarette lighter

Back