NC Get together..

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
Well, its that time again.. Actually this time my car is done.. Hows about a get together and cruise somewhere in central NC? Anyone up for it before things take off @ Grill 57? Let me know the intrest and I will set something up.

Probably won't have my newly acquired GN de-bugged until first of April but sounds like a good idea-will try to beat a couple of buddies over the head and get them to come along as well. Just name the time and place:cool:

Vista Point at Jordan Lake is a good place to meet. A few of us get together there about once a year. Last shelter on the left before the boat ramps. Greg, Gary, what about you guys? Yall name the date!

I just started a new job that keeps me out of town with no real ability to make definite long range plans (Currently I am traveling out of state to bring fugitives back to NC) Unfortunately, the turbo crowd is spread a little too thin to make much of an impact, but the local GMMOC guys generally seem friendly enough, although you'll have to put up with V8 gearheads. So, just post the plans here or check out some of the stuff that GMMOC is doing - link below:

http://gmmoc.ibforums.com/index.php?:D

dept of small worlds & coincidences!

I met Kelvin today - seemingly by chance! At first he said "Aww, nah!" But the he said, "No, YOU are the punk!":p I'm already thinking of what my next dept will be. If I'm lucky, it'll be Chatham County - and then, if so (and god willing), I could probably drop by Vista Point whether I'm "working" or not!;)

I am back in Raleigh again so just let me know when & where.

Grill 57 usually starts their cruise in with the DJ in April or May.
There has been car people showing up there on pretty Sat.

Gary

Re: dept of small worlds & coincidences!

Originally posted by ncgreg231
I met Kelvin today - seemingly by chance! At first he said "Aww, nah!" But the he said, "No, YOU are the punk!":p I'm already thinking of what my next dept will be. If I'm lucky, it'll be Chatham County - and then, if so (and god willing), I could probably drop by Vista Point whether I'm "working" or not!;)

lol.. Too funny.. He is really the punk.

I'm definitely up for it whenever, also could probably convince a couple more turbo buicks to show up, when and where? Greg, I think I saw you today, gold t-type, 501& garrett rd? Anyway, I look foward to meeting others in the area with these cars.:D

Keep me posted, I should have the ghost ready to show and go by then.......be nice to cruise in the old home town...:cool:

Originally posted by jimmymopower
I'm definitely up for it whenever, also could probably convince a couple more turbo buicks to show up, when and where?
Uh, james, I cant go if you and beavis don't give me back my freakin car:p Don't make me mad, I'll beat you with my cane:p

We need more parts, the car is still to slow to let you drive. Just kidding. We will have you going shortly, by the way, where is that header and tensioner I keep hearing about?:D

Originally posted by jimmymopower
Greg, I think I saw you today, gold t-type, 501& garrett rd? Anyway, I look foward to meeting others in the area with these cars.:D

Yup. That was me. Sorry I didn't stop - I was almost late for work at that point, otherwise I would have stopped to chat a little! Was that Toyota of Durham that you were going to???:confused:

The tensioner should be in th etrunk, the header is istill in the back of my blazer, and oh yeah, the title is in my possession as well.

Perhaps late April (Easter weekend is free for me, ) or early May at the lake. The BBQ thing has always worked out well there. Warmer weather is better since a few folks always end up in the lake:cool:

Beat me with your cane? I guess you are a senior citizen. By the way, does your wife even know this car exists yet? We are working on the car this weekend, should be roadworthy. We may even consider returning it.(if you can find somewhere to hide it.)

Beat me with your cane? I guess you are a senior citizen. By the way, does your wife even know this car exists yet?

Yes junior, a little creative bs and all has been revealed. Just remember one thing: Old age and experience (with a little treachery on the side) will always overcome youth and skill-----retahhd:D