You can type here any text you want

Need advice about st.II parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lunkan

Crazy? Me? :-P
As some of You know, Ulf and I are selling our cars to finance a new project. We found a nice 25.1d chassi and looking to run Competition. Ulf had earlier found a stageII block that we went looking at (http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135143). Now we´re not looking at fitting it in his GN any more, and the power range is a lot higher than 1000hp. What would You guys recommend looking at the pictures I´ve added to these two pages:
http://www.turbolunkan.com/pics(stage2).htm
http://www.turbolunkan.com/pics(chassi).htm

We can get all the engine parts at a really low price, and THE HEADS ARE FULLY RECONDITIONED at that time. We have not decided to go with these parts as I´m not sure how much they can take. The rods are Carrillo´s and are (partially) discussed HERE.

So, are these parts able to withstand 1300+ hp or should we start looking at other stuff? There are a lot more stuff that comes with the st.II stuff, I just forgot to take pictures of it.

What would be the best management system for this if we´re looking to run pure methanol?

Thanks in advance
/Andreas and Ulf

Nice car, did you guys purchase that yet or are you just thinking about it? I am a die-hard buick fan, if it was me I would go for it. That car look like it is a full tube chassis, along with some glass parts for it, should be really light, so I think if you had 1300 or even 1100 hp on tap, then it would be a rocketship. It shouldn't be too hard to get that kind of power from a stage 2. What kind
of a turbo setup are you guys going to do, a big single or twins? Unless I missed it in your pics, what intake are you using? I would think either a F.A.S.T setup, motec or big stuff would work for a methanol motor, just kind of depends on your tuner and how much money you feel like spending. :) :cool:

The car is a full tube chassi with all fiberglass-body and lexan windows. It weigh 2425 with a CBB in it, guess we could get it under 2200 with a stage block. It when a best of 7.20 with that engine.

We have put a down payment on it, and is going to be picked up within a couple of months. Hmm, why not paint it white and put some stickers on it :D :p

As far as setup, we have still to decide what way to go. THESE INTAKES comes with the stuff we were looking at. What´s Your first thought looking at the pictures of those st.II parts? We have not decided if we´re to buy them parts, but it sure is cheap...

Uffe was talking to a person here in Sweden (building a 5sec. doorslammer with twin turbos). He said Autronics new 4 can do some really good things.

What crank and what's the bore on that block, I'm guessing that is an oncenter? Geez, with a 2250# car and 11 or 1300 hp, that car should run low 7's no problem. Any thoughts on a transmission yet? I think the parts look pretty good, some of that stuff is similar to what I have.:)

I don´t remember the bore so Uffe has to chime in on that one, but the crank is a Sonny Bryant.

When I took a 383 stroker to our engine shop the other day, he had a Liberty 5 speed complete with clutch and all. But that was more than we will pay for the chassi :( I guess it might become a Lenco.

Hehe, I scanned through the first thread I linked to and found out that it´s a 153 on-center block with 4.020" bore.

Our biggest concerns are to get both our cars sold here in Sweden. They aren´t too common and people here doesn´t understand or know the power of the Buick V6. So it´s not an easy "project".

How about a nice powerglide? Those have been eassily built to handle the power you plan on making. :)

Originally posted by Big Stu
How about a nice powerglide? Those have been eassily built to handle the power you plan on making. :)

And why not a 4 speed Lenco?

Oh, I don't know, I like the drive tranny's as much as the next guy, just trying to save you some money.:D The powerglides I have been shopping for run between 4-5k, a lenco (new) with the clutch setup, bellhousing and shifters ends up about 8k. If I was looking for a good, used liberty or lenco, I would check racingjunk.com. There are a ton of those on that site, not to mention a bunch of other cool stuff too.

If you need Lenco and clutch info for a V-6 combo I can help you out or Bill A. he runs a Liberty and a clutch also.Scott

Originally posted by Lunkan
Hehe, I scanned through the first thread I linked to and found out that it´s a 153 on-center block with 4.020" bore.

Our biggest concerns are to get both our cars sold here in Sweden. They aren´t too common and people here doesn´t understand or know the power of the Buick V6. So it´s not an easy "project".

Andreas thats not a problem anymore for you :) And I surely understand the power of the buick!!! It shall be intresting this. I will follow yours and Uffes project with very big intrest!

Daniel

The problem will now be to sell Yours, but hopefully I´ve got a buyer for it.

I´m going to book registration tomorrow, the car should be ready for delivery before end of April. Unfortunatly the first race, within 100km from me, isn´t until May 28th. I sure would have loved to test the performance of it before You took it.

Well, I´m certain that You wount be disappointed :D

Dont sell it to a jerk that dont appricate the car hahah

Daniel

I can see some TTA owners scratching there heads now......

My old TTA that Lunkan owns now, is sold to Swede2 (Daniel) and Daniels low mile TTA made a trade + cash with Lunkan so Lunkan soon owns daniel TTA that are up for sale by Lunkan right now.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

OK?:D
Geezzzzzz.... those crazy swedes...;)

Back