You can type here any text you want

Need Advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KalamazooBuick

Ive got a 1978 Buick Regal Sport coupe (turbo) and I was wondering What kind of turbos can go in it? and what would be the best for street driving

Not a lot of choices here. Since the turbo is specifically designed for one thing and no one ever made a non stock replacement you have to use a stock one or click on the link in my sig about making a bigger version. The bigger version will spool faster and allow for more boost for the engine but it's a little hard to find the parts sometimes. You also have to use 2 different turbos to make one if you want to upgrade and it's a bit of a pain to say the least.

ok so if i cant really get much more power out of the turbo i have is it possible to put new headers in it? and would a High Fow Catalytic coverter help?

ok so if i cant really get much more power out of the turbo i have is it possible to put new headers in it? and would a High Fow Catalytic coverter help?
You can but there's a limit to how much you can get out of it. First things first though. Look up Rich's site and do a lot of reading. www.beforeblack.net should give you a good base for the info you want. The second is www.gnttype.org. Scott's site has a ton of info on it regarding the engine ect but not much on the B4black cars. Hope that helps you out.:)

http://sites.google.com/site/beforeblackracing/headers
headers 83, 84-85 hot air headers swap out

http://sites.google.com/site/beforeblackracing/adjustable-wastegate
adjustable wastegate to get more boost

http://sites.google.com/site/beforeblackracing/alky
alky kit so you can really run more boost (also on rich's site)

i read alot on Beforeblack.net but it Didnt help me on th High Flow cat would that Help the car any?
Go to your user controls and add some info like location ect. I'm guessing you're in MI and I don't think you need to go through emisions do you? If not get rid of the cat or get a shell to replace it so it doesn't interfere with the exhaust flow. Getting the exhaust to flow as much as possilbe will help the turbo to spool faster. If you go to the general section there's a sub forum (fabrication) and one of the B4black guys made his own 2.5" down pipe and shows you how to do it. Don't ask him if he wants to make one for you in that section. There's no solicitation in the how to or fabrication section. You can PM him if you want though.:)

yes im from michigan sorry about not having much info either so what your saying is just make a straight pipe exhaust right. and getting fabrication done shouldnt be much of a problem i can pull some strings to get straight pipe

Getting rid of the cat is one of the most common mods done on these cars. If you don't need it for inspection then take it off. As far as mufflers, so a search on the board. What you think the best muffler for the car may not be. Flowbastards suck balls to say the least. May sound good but for power you loose some. Look at the dynomax and the magnaflow for a better one.:)

Damn ive already got super 44s i bought them over the winter and my baby sister cut up the boxes to send back

Back