You can type here any text you want

Need alignment, shims fell out. What are good numbers for street strip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

The other day I heard a major clunking noise going on everytime I would come to a stop. Sounded very bad so I pulled over, popped the hood to find out that the upper a-arm came loose and all the shims fell out (thank God it didn't happen at the track.) WTF!!! Unfortunately I did not have any tools on me, so I nursed the car back home. Looks like I need to get an alignment done now:mad:

I have a friend that does alignments for a living. Is there some numbers I can give him that will help get some more ET at the track without hurting the way it behaves on the street? The car sees a lot of highway and street miles, it needs to be safe on the street.

TIA!

He should know if that's his living!;:confused: I have the shop manual if you want the specs?

His book/pc will have the stock alignment settings, but I was wondering there other settings (non-factory) that will improve 1/4 mile performance.

For a strip only car I would set camber at 0 and caster around 4 with a stright toe. But I will feel loose on the street and will not turn well at speed. If you steet drive then -.5 on camber and toe out an 1/8. Will not hurt you much at the track, tightens the feel of the car. There are other ways to gain a mph or two. I would stay near stock specs if you are going to have it aligned once and don't want to play with the settings.

Alignment Tech

Kevin,
The guys I talked to recommend leaving it close to stock. Because the tires will be dragging instead of driving. That wears the tires and slows U down.:cool:

Back