You can type here any text you want

Need at least 1 OE TTA piston ASAP!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I had something go terribly wrong with my tune a few weeks ago at the track. Tonight I got the motor torn down after a 10.5 hour wrenching marathon and found 2 pistons destroyed :confused: The good news is that the bearings, crank, cylinders, and rods look GREAT...could have been much worse. Anyhow, Julio has been kind enough to hook me up with 1 of his extra TTA pistons but now I need another. I'd prefer to buy 1 but will go with the set if your absolutely hell bent not to seperate the set. The pistons need to be damage free (not concerned about the rings) and of OE size. Please pass the word around, I need to have the car up and running ASAP. Thanks in advance.

I can be reached at 913-244-3829 (cell) or by email.

Sorry I can't help but if I may ask what exactly happened? You have had some bad luck recently between this and BG.

Jason

I was making adjustments to the tune and must have leaned it out too far. I made a pass, detonated, took out two spark plugs which in turn took out two pistons. The good news is that the rest of the motor which has less that 300 miles on it looks great! Julio was kind enough to part with two of his TTA pistons and a set of new plasma-molly rings will be on order soon. Anyone know if the TTA rings are the same as a TR?

Damn Joe, you are one lucky sob for Julio to be so kind to you!!!

Call me up and i want to inspect the motor and other pistons before it goes back together this time, i want you to call me down there so i can get my hands on my old TTA once again.

Just want to give it my blessings for the 10s :biggrin:

BW

I agree, it was VERY generous that Julio offered the pistons to me...he's a good bud.

Joe, yes the rings are the same. I used the plasma moly Speed Pro's on mine. They dont make a file fit set for a stock bore.

If you do the rod bolts, you'll need to re-size the rods.

I'll try and call you latter.

You wouldn't have the part number for those rings would ya? The only number I've come up with for the Sealed Power plasma-molly is: TSR-T2-165 from Summitt....$187.39

Summit part number SLP-R-10499 for the rings. I believe they were like 110.00 approx.

Dont get the ones with the .030 prefix :eek: They appear on back order.. :mad:

Back