need expert help with decision

UNDRPSI

:confused: I have all the parts gathered for my buick makeover except the cam. I am hearing so many different things I don't know what to do. Here's the build up. Car has all the suspension bolt ons. I am not planning on driving the car on extended trips very often so I have a turbo 350 trans w/brake ready to go in (not sure on which converter yet). It is a stock block w/ forged pistons, 1.77 ported heads, T&D 1.65s..... The turbo is a big shaft 62 at the moment but it needs rebuilt and I believe I will go to a 63. I have an IC off of a dodge school bus that I am cutting in half for a front mount. I will probably use 55#s injs. Thats the meat of what I am doing. I already have the trivial things that go along with the build up. Anyway, what cam do you think would be best for this combo. I have been leaning tword the 204-214. I need to know because if I don't get this thing going pretty soon I am going to go crazy. Sorry about the length ....Thanks

Non-expert here, but with the 1.65 rockers, any cam is gonna have decent lift. If it's a stock block, without billet caps and such, you won't want to rev it 9000rpm, prolly, so I'd pick a cam that makes power in the lower band, like the 204, maybe even a 212 212, however, I don't think you need to go that large/long. 3300 stall 9

IME, if you go with a smaller cam and wanna go fast, you tend to need (relatively) more boost. With a larger cam, you don't need to "test" the strength of your headgaskets.

With those injectors, heads and turbo, I'd say the 206/206 is your smallest option and the 212/212 the biggest if you are not strengthening the bottom end (your 204/214 fits in the middle of the range).

I don't want to turn the stock block over 5800 thats why I was considering a middle of the road cam. I don't want to spend the money on a roller untill I can find a stage 1 block. (like an idiot I sold 1 last year). Then I will turn up the wick a little! So lets say I do decide on the 204-214, can I order the speed pro cam and lifters? Is part # cs1016r correct for the cam? What is the part# for the lifters and what springs should work with this set up? Thanks for the advice.