Need gauge recommendations

lyonsd

Suppose I were to install one of the GNX6 dashes. That has a large speedo, large tach, and 6 smaller gauges.

The 6 smaller gauges would be (in no particular order):

• boost
  • Casper's knock gauge
  • Fuel level
  • water temp
  • oil pressure
  • voltage

Now suppose I have a dual gauge holder mounted on the pillar. In that I would put...

• fuel pressure
  • rich/lean gauge

Down under the stereo I can also mount a dual gauge holder. That would hold...

• transmission temp
  • EGT gauge

Finally, I have a T-top car and can install one of those dual gauge holders from Lotek. What gauges would be useful there? I'm thinking oil temp and amps. But I really don't see how useful they'd be. Yay or nay? Anything suggestions?

Thanks.

dave, with all those guages, how are you going to watch the road? :D
I think you have pretty much everything, now we just need to come up with a way to measure torque (like on a prop aircraft) and put that in our cars.

oh you could put in one of those "gas milage" gauges...i think its basically a vacuum gage that tells you when you are on the gas and when you arent :p a friend of mine had one in his car when we were in HS....damn we even had rice crap back then.

dan

Originally posted by TylerDurden
dave, with all those guages, how are you going to watch the road?

Who needs to watch the road? A 1/4-mile is completely straight.

And if you don't have enough gauges, you could also get the triple gauge pod that mounts above the radio pod vertically next to the cluster, and maybe even add a few over on the passenger side dash panel :) That would be enough to keep you busy for a few seconds more.