Need Good TR Mechanic

Fat Kid

I'm in need of a decent mechanic for my Grand National in Westchester County, NY. I have a decent mechanic I use for maintanence related things, but whenever I ask him to do something like install an aftermarket part or adjust something basic, he just gives me a stupid look, doesn't bother reading the instructions on how to do it, and tells me its not possible. If you know of anyone in the area, please let me know. I would do the work myself, but since I have no tools here and no garage, it's pretty impossible.

My mechanic in CT is a pretty good local shop father and son operation here in CT.

They are familiar with G bodies.

Installed lots of aftermarket parts on one of my cars.

Not sure what you are looking to have done however???

Long drive for you however.

Cottons in Mass. as well can do anything you need done.

All that I need done right now is to get a Big Mouth kit installed, as well as a new thermostat. It's stuff that shouldn't take more than a couple hours and I could do it myself, but with absolutely zilch for tools and no garage here, it's pretty tough. Where in CT is your mechanic?

North Haven, CT right outside New Haven in a decent area. :)

Right off 91, about 1 mile.

They could do that work easily then again you should be able to find someone very local that could and would want to do that install for you also.

Not sure how far Dynotech is in Jersey from you but they should have no problem with that stuff.

A trip up to Cottons early on a Saturday planned in advance should allow them plenty of time to do it also and it's worth a trip up there to see all the cool stuff they have for our cars.

that Big Mouth kit is very easy to install yourself, all you need is a very basic tool set, just a screw driver to tighten the clamps and a ratchet with a 10mm(i believe it was) socket to move the charcoal canister. very, very simple install. this can definitely be done in front of the house in the street.
as far as tools go, you should check with Sears every so often, they always have a sale going on with the tools, and they have many different small sets of basic tools that arent expensive. you really should pick yourself up a set, you'll save yourself a lot of trouble and money being able to tackle simple fixes yourself.