Need Help 14.64 at track today

I was going to do a leak down today.all the stuff thats on the car looks like ran pretty good at one time.if it looks like rings,and looks good inside do you think i could rering and bearing it.I never rebuilt a v-6 turbo.alot of chevys and 1 430 buickyears ago.any thing hard besides the dist?

FL T-Type said:
I was going to do a leak down today.all the stuff thats on the car looks like ran pretty good at one time.if it looks like rings,and looks good inside do you think i could rering and bearing it.I never rebuilt a v-6 turbo.alot of chevys and 1 430 buickyears ago.any thing hard besides the dist?

Before you have such bad thoughts , please do the leak down.Even a weak old TR motor should go faster than that even with all stock stuff. You have to look at everything . Without a scantool you are just shooting in the dark..

it was asked before , but where in Florida are you ? May be able to get a local Buick guy to give you a hand..

I have looked at the computer readings with a snap-on scanner hooked up,is this not a good scan tool,not real fast.Im in gainesville fla.what scan tool would work best ,i have a laptop,but what software?

Direct Scan is what mt brother and I use. It's readings are in miliseconds so you can watch everything as it's happening. The only draw back I've noticed is that if the connection is'nt perfect, it can screw up the ECM and cause backfiring.

FL T-Type said:
I have looked at the computer readings with a snap-on scanner hooked up,is this not a good scan tool,not real fast.Im in gainesville fla.what scan tool would work best ,i have a laptop,but what software?

I downloaded WINALDL and made the adapter they have on the website. The software is free and the adapter cost me ~$12. It's update is only as fast as the scanmaster, but you can record run/driving as long as the laptop battery holds up. The data easily import to Access for slicing and dicing.

turbobose13 said:
it must be south FL, because he said it was 51 degrees, sounds like he don't want too tell us.

Dude read his post, he lives in Gainsville ;)

what does the waste gate solenoid do if you have a adjustable waste gate does it still need to be hooked up?

FL T-Type said:
what does the waste gate solenoid do if you have a adjustable waste gate does it still need to be hooked up?

I don't think it makes much difference.... it may raise boost slightly.... if left hooked up.... I think it bleeds air some.... IMO I don't think it is possible for it to lower boost... as I understand it....

Set the fuel pressure to roughly 40psi with the vacuum line off.
Adjust the throttle position sensor to about .42 volts with the throttle closed.
Do the IAC reset procedure. (Both these can be found on gnttype.org)
Having a scanmaster already on makes things easier.
Once you have the scan tool, check o2 crosscounts to make sure your o2 sensor is still alive. They should cycle from 0 to 255 in about 90 seconds.
Adjust fuel pressure and fix any vacuum leaks to get your BLM's around 128. If its down to 90, its running very rich and the computer is pulling fuel to compensate. If its 150, its pegged on the lean side, and the computer is dumping in fuel to compensate. 128 is right in the middle. I'm at about 115 at idle and 128-130 while cruising. It took me months to get all the BLM problems fixed.
Shoot for o2's in the high 700's, low 800's when at WOT. Adjust fuel pressure to make it go up, and lower it to make the numbers go down. Its really good to have a chip that allows you to tune. I like the extender which allows me to adjust BLM's, adjust timing, lean cruise, low gear fuel, etc. You can get it from fullthrottlespeed.com. $110 bucks isnt alot of money for a chip. You're looking at 300 bucks for a mail order tune chip you cant adjust on a mustang, so this is a great deal. There are alot of other great chip guys on here.
Once you have that scan tool, the potential is endless. You're just shooting in the dark right now and have no idea where you are or why your car isnt running right.
As far as that gauge you're talking about thats by the intercooler...no idea. If thats your fuel pressure gauge and its at 20psi, then that could have something to do with it.