Need Help Bad

kosonen04

JustA6
Ok im starting a new thread here, Im having a "zinging" sound from under the hood and not sure what it could be? Could that be a bad trubo sound? Also when i rev it up im having blue smoke come from my oil fill cap? Could that be a bad PCV valve or a EGR? Someone help me out. Also both of my headers are cracked. Thanks
Brian

kosonen04 said:
....... Im having a "zinging" sound from under the hood and not sure what it could be? Could that be a bad trubo sound?

Also when i rev it up im having blue smoke come from my oil fill cap? Could that be a bad PCV valve or a EGR? .

Is the sound there all the time as in at idle in park, and/or only under load?

Did the smoking start suddenly? If it comes out of the breather tube, it is a crankcase issue. Somehow, you are getting some pressure in the crank case. Probably not PCV or EGR related.

Any scan tool numbers?

Im hearing the sound under load. but at idel im hearing a press. sound coming out of the breather neck. Im thinking i have a broken ring

kosonen04 said:
Im hearing the sound under load. but at idel im hearing a press. sound coming out of the breather neck. Im thinking i have a broken ring
Maybe a HG is blown in the lifter valley. Rings are hard to break once in the engine. Compression test may not show the leak, but a leakdown usually does.