need help car cuts off 10 lbs boost !!!

speedfreakv6

speedfreakv6
hey guys i just installed zo6 85 mm maf and gen2 and extender extreme g . ok now when take off car feels strong until 10 lbs boost then it cuts right off !! scanmaster goes blank and no check eng light ????? if let off gas it comes back and pulls till 10 lbs . o2 milv 760-780 wot and f.p was around 58 lbs which is normal at 10 lbs with 42.5 inj . i don not have direct scan or any thing to record data . sorry . but i did replace ign module coil pack and plugs gapped at .30 . also checked all grounds !!! i am lost guys please help me !!! it ran perfect until hooked the new stuff up !!! even tried my tt chip and set translator to stock maf and no change ! i also unhooked power to alky kit and no change ???? any help will be appreciated !:eek: :confused: :mad:

Make sure that your downpipe is not touching the positive battery cable and shorting it out to ground when the engine torques over.

i will go check that right now !!! thanks alot for quick reply !!!! man i have gone over every thing i can think of !!!! i will let you know in a minute !!! thanks again

hey heg i looked at power wire from batt to starter and my headers are laying right on it and feels like poss burnt thru wire ??? cant really see it but will move wire or replace if burnt !!! you think this could be my issue ??? man thanks again for the help !!!

hey heg i looked at power wire from batt to starter and my headers are laying right on it and feels like poss burnt thru wire ??? cant really see it but will move wire or replace if burnt !!! you think this could be my issue ??? man thanks again for the help !!!

Ummm.. okay.. I guess we didnt have this conversation yesterday :confused: :confused:

hey jay i checked everything but that power wire i tightened all my grounds but did not see that header on wire !!!! i was just fixing to call you on the phone !!! i hope this is my problem !!!! cuz this is driving me freakin nuts !!! and to anyone else who reads this Jay C is the man he took over 30 min on phone to help me out !!! thanks again jay and heg !!!! hey jay i will call you if this isnt it !!!! god i hope thats all it is !!!

no jay i did ck everything we talked about yesterday, but just didnt see the header on wire !!!! ck crank sensor like u told me and swapped module and coil still same even put tt chip back in it ! so i did listen to what u told me just didnt see header laying on power wire !!!! probly just frustration and over looked it !!!! i mean i pulled on wire to make sure wasnt too tight but just didnt see the burn spot !!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP JAY C !!!!! hopefully when get this running i can drive to n.c and see you !!!

no jay i did ck everything we talked about yesterday, but just didnt see the header on wire !!!! ck crank sensor like u told me and swapped module and coil still same even put tt chip back in it ! so i did listen to what u told me just didnt see header laying on power wire !!!! probly just frustration and over looked it !!!! i mean i pulled on wire to make sure wasnt too tight but just didnt see the burn spot !!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP JAY C !!!!! hopefully when get this running i can drive to n.c and see you !!!

Let us know how it turns out. Hopefully it was something easy like that.

i will im gona go see if can reroute it and take it for a try !!!! im gona go crazy if this isnt it !!!! man jay i cant believe i didnt see that yesterday !!! thanks again JAY C !!!!

hey jay c ! can i just try and electrical tape the burn spot in wire and drive it just to see if that was it ??? and then replace wire ???

hey jay c ! can i just try and electrical tape the burn spot in wire and drive it just to see if that was it ??? and then replace wire ???

Sure.. just pull it back away from the header good so it doesnt make contact with the header. It will be okay for testing.

well same crap !!!! jay i have gone over every wire on car !!!! and to clarify the scanmaster did not go blank just dropped milv like crazy !!! wich is normal with car cutting out !!! but scanmaster did not loose power !!! im taking it to a friends house and let him look at it !!! he is a engineer and had a turbo6 in a malibu wagon !!!! it was cool as hell ... hes a ls1 builder and just gona have him look at wire harness !!! this car is giving me even more gray hairs !!!!!!

hey jay ! this might not mean anything ,but now the fuel level gauge is way past full, can barely see neddle !!!! still chasing wiring !!!!! im driving my wife crazy !!!!

hey jay ! this might not mean anything ,but now the fuel level gauge is way past full, can barely see neddle !!!! still chasing wiring !!!!! im driving my wife crazy !!!!
Fuel level gage way past full means infinite resistance for the sender. You may have a broken wire or bad ground. This could be making the fuel pump cut-out also. Check you wiring at the fuel pump especially the grounds. Do you have a hotwire kit also? Check that too.