need help getting GN to run right. In Alabama

wyldcdn

tweaking all brands
This is being posted for a friend. he traded his nissan 350 Z for a GN out of Miami. Has running glitches. He swapped out O2 Sensor, cleared up alittle. Now it is running extremely rich. Used full tank in 65 mile drive home. Looking for someone who knows these turbo 6's.
if it helps
I can be reached at devago@hotmail.com
or his cell
Paul I can P.M later.

I live in Gulfport, MS about a hourish drive away.

What are "running glitches"???? idle, cold start problems, tip in stumble, knock, ???????????

Does the guy have a scantool? If so what kind?

What is his TPS set at?

scan showed , bad O2, (it eats em) Spark plugs. Speed sensor. All have been changed. Other than speed sensor, problem comes back. Its running very rich. I've started new job, have not had a chance to dive in. Like everything else, everyone here thinks they are master tech's and give a million reasons. Last night I advised, (i could be very wrong myself) was change coolant sensor, (bad could cause over rich ; like choke) and clean the throttle body and MAF with cleaner. Discount battery to clear codes (?). Hes going nuts now; this poor car went from owning his dream car to being very upset. If need be I can maybe get car to someone on a weekend. (Name style of pizza's you'd like also)

As a new owner myself (in North Alabama near Huntsville) I can say logging/scanning is an absolute must.

I dished out the cash for a Powerlogger, got it hooked up and logged a few drives up the road and it brought all sorts of things to light and with the help of dudes here and on another site or two, who know these car more than me I'm also slowly getting the gremlins worked out of my car (knock on wood).

As long as the internals are in good shape (rods/rings/pistons/crank/etc) the rest can slowly be ironed out, with patience and perseverance :)

Engine oil supplement. Adds the minerals to the oil that modern day oils and modern day motors no longer need but it is good for our old cars with flat tappet cams ..

As far as the engine coolant sensor it can make a car run rich if it is not working properly. The ecm gets a value from it for the temp of coolant so to know when to go into closed loop until then its just adding fuel.

VADER makes a good point as to chip in car corresponding to injectors. I would ck. that also. It would be nice if he had a scantool!

I live in Gulfport, MS about a hourish drive away.

What are "running glitches"???? idle, cold start problems, tip in stumble, knock, ???????????

Does the guy have a scantool? If so what kind?

What is his TPS set at?

What kind of scan tool?

What is the TPS set at?

car isn't here, so I'll have to wait to check both tps and chip. Now setting tps setting, same concept as setting as close to.99 as posiable?

If its got the wrong chip in it and has been driven for any amount of time(like a tank of gas)Id say it probably washed the cyl and is in need of a rebuild.

a tank in 63 miles , sheeeeeesh, must have been pouring black smoke out the back of it. If so I would say maf is shot. Mine did it one time. Ran like crap and was pouring black smoke out the back, changed maf and all was good again. Daniel Ray
ps that will kill a O2 sensor fast with that much raw fuel going on it.

Post a close up pic of one of the injectors (look for ID #'s) as well as a close up pic of the back of the chip. That would be a start and post here for the gurus to help. And..... tell him to bite the bullet and get a scantool ASAP! :cool: Tell him to persevere and be patient to get it sorted out. The rewards once it's running right will be worth it! :smile:

thank you, thats alot of help. Swapped out coolant sensors yesterday , just incase. Now that I think of it; maybe I'll leave it fluffed up. I can't be having this GN beating my beloved z28:eek: