You can type here any text you want

Need help identifying a wire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here's pic 216. I'm having a hard time figuring out where these wires are from the pic. From the other pics in that directory it looks like someone added something because of all the red wires which were not original.
IMG_0216.jpg

The car had an aftermarket stereo and it has a clifford alarm. I already took out the red wires in the radio pod and corrected the wires.

So the gray wire on the top right side of the left side block does not look familar to you? I tried looking on some wiring diagrams and could not find anything.

Do you have a picture that is not as close so I can see where that harness is located? I've had my radio out and that entire harness does not look familar so I'm guessing that is not inside the radio pod area but maybe under the passenger dash?

It is behind the panel on the passenger side. Behind the same panel as the power antenna relay. This wire is in the cluster of wires closest to the center of the car.

I looked in my service manuals and can't find anything on it. There is no description of that black box in the "componet views" section either. I would guess it's the aftermarket alarm box.

It very well could be. I have never seen another car, so I do not know if it is factory or not. I snipped the wire going to it and everything still works on the car. The car had spliced into the radio for power going to that area.

Thanks for the tip. I will look more into it.

That is all some aftermarket stuff up there. Only thing you have stock is the black box marked AC to the right in that picture (for the cruise control) and the antenna relay and that is it if I remember correct.

Good to hear. I could not find those wires in any diagrams either. But that makes sense. I bet the wire that went from the radio to the dash over there was the power for the alarm.

Thanks for the help

Back